COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 09-28-2011, 09:52 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

[QUOTE=Dave Waits;8244]I concur with , ARs got no soul. As for long-range elements, I'll take the M24 with the ART scope. Good out to the 308/7.62NATOs max

A Kiss From These Is Deadly!

[IMG][/IMG]

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.

Last edited by Southpawmark; 10-20-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Sorry guys I've been working 70 hour weeks for the past couple of weeks and haven't been on much.

Thanks for all the comments and thanks for adding the info from our range trip.

I love my LMT 308

Yea like said 14.5 pounds - that was fully loaded (20 rounds), 20" barrel - PWS comp, Harris BRM Bipod with ADM QD mount, my Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 scope with ADM QD mount....etc basically fully loaded with all the bells and whistles for a long range setup.

The LMT 308 weighs in at just under 10 pounds stock with irons and empty.
I was curious and wanted to know how much a loaded 20 round Pmag weighed, well with 20 rounds of 150gr Federal soft points a fully loaded 20 round MagPul Pmag weighs 1.5 pounds alone...

I actually just made a 2 part rambling review of my LMT as it sits right now and uploaded like 3 clips of when me and where at the range a couple of weeks ago. I have been working on uploading them to YouTube and I will post them on here shortly....

The rambling review is what it sounds like but I am going to make a more scripted table top review soon with specs...etc.

I should have the YouTube vids added here to this thread later today.

Thanks guys, I love my LMT308MWS. It's a very nice 308 platform and truthfully I abused it since I got it by really not cleaning out the bolt and carrier until this past weekend (I have always wiped her down but just kept pumping Wilson Combat lube and oil in there) and let's just say it took me 4 to 5 hours to get all the packed in - built up carbon out of the carrier and off the bolt. But the up side is she has never had one malfunction NOT ONE and I have about 700 rounds through her now, it just kept on going even with all that built up crap on and in the bolt and carrier. But let's just say from now on she is getting a cleaning after every range trip. I have to much money in this thing to just not care about it like that. But like I said it shows what the rifle is capable of and what it can take.

Thanks,

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 10-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanks Ryan! Waiting to see the new video!

Weapon: LMT308MWS x 2, Timney Trigger, WCI Titanium Muzzle Brake, LMT FDE Sopmod, FDE Ergo Grip, UTG Folding Billet Aluminum Forearm Grip, Magpul Pmag 20LR, Magpul FDE MS2 Multi Position Sling.

Scopes: Burris Eliminator Laserscope, Nightforce 5-22x50 NXS with Zerostop Turrets.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Rambling table top Vid and a few quick Vid clips......

Alright guys I went a head and uploaded some new videos, please don't make fun of me to much.... The first 2 videos are like a table top review but it's me just kind of going over how I have my LMT setup right now...etc.
I am going to make a more scripted table top review with the actual specs on the rifle and probably a barrel swap video with some better range footage that will also have some accuracy testing involved...etc.
I should be going to the range this weekend and taking a lot more video footage. The 3 video clips after my part 1 and part 2 rambling review are just quick videos that I took while me and where at the range doing some testing and I really didn't film much that day, so that's why the videos aren't really great- again just showing the rifle in action.
I will probably pick up a video camera before this weekend so I can finally film and zoom these range trips. Plus soon (Hopefully) I will be going to a friends piece of land where we can do some long range shooting and I really want a better way to film that kind of shooting trip.

Ok...blah, blah, blah.. Again don't bash me to much for rambling. I promise I will get better at these reviews and filming range trips. I will get a scripted video out soon with actual specs...etc.

Rambling review #1 Part 1=

Rambling Review #1 Part 2=

FYI- I don't have nothing againt Russian made ammo but I just don't run steel cased ammo through my guns, I'm sure it works fine for plinking...etc but, well I'll just leave it at that.

Three video clips from the last range trip. Not that great but that's all I took. One is firing my LMT 308 through his Chrono =

- Chrono =

Alright, I promise I will take better reviews and footage soon.

I want to do some reviews on all my Dan Wesson's as well, which I plan on doing soon with a better video camera.

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops

Last edited by allrockabilly; 10-06-2011 at 01:27 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:22 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

Very Nice Glad to see you Built a Fine Rifle.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:49 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAMVET72 View Post
Very Nice Glad to see you Built a Fine Rifle.

Thanks ,
It's getting there...

I just bought a camcorder (finally) so some better videos and reviews coming soon. I will be doing reviews and videos of my Dan Wessons too.
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 12-11-2011, 11:19 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

sorry I haven't been on in a while... Very, Very busy season in the cable and Cell tower world right now.

I just wanted to post and say sorry i haven't gotten any new videos posted yet. I finally got a video camera and I haven't even had a chance to make any new videos. BUT I will be driving to Las Vegas, NV (Where I was born and raised) in about a week and I will be making a lot of videos while I am out there. I have all the free space I want out there to shoot. I will be doing videos on my LMT 308 (Of course) with the new Vortex scope and comparing it to the Trijicon. Plus I will be able to shoot long range,, finally.... I will be taking the LMT 308 out and I want to see how she does out to 800 yds maybe a bit further with different ammo. I will be setting targets up at 100, 200 all the way out to at least 800 yards.
I will be comparing the 20" and 16" barrels at different distances....

Also,
I am going to finally make some good videos of my three Dan Wesson's and probably a few more pistols and rifles.

Anyways, again videos to come soon. I can't wait to finally film with a real video recorder...

Happy Holidays EVERYONE

-Ryan S.
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 04-08-2012, 09:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Wow I have been away way to long.

Hey all sorry for disappearing for so long, all is good. After contracting for a big company for the last year and a half I finally got hired on permanent but still busy as can be but I have still been squeezing in those range trips and new purchases and upgrades.

Figured it had been so long I would drop in and at least say hi and post a vid or two. Also made a new purchase and have been working on modifying it. SCAR 17 (Heavy) 7.62x51 / 308.

My YouTube name is MrSloanStar (yea, yea it's a stupid name. It's something I kinda got stuck with).

My YouTube channel is = http://www.youtube.com/user/mrsloanstar?feature=mhee

1st - Playin with iMovie on my iPhone.

2nd - Misc shooting with my LMT 308 MWS 20in barrel, Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP with EBR-1 MOA reticle. Shooting sick in the desert with a low quality video camera.

3rd - My new FN SCAR-H 17s (7.62x51/308). My misc modifications, PWS SRX SCAR rail extension, Tango Down BG-17 pistol grip, Tango Down stubby front vertical grip with ADM QD, Tango Down angled charging handle and running a Leupold VX-R patrol 1.25-4x with fire dot (Mil/Mil SPR reticle) in a ADM QD 30mm mount.

I will post better ones soon and start getting some Dan Wesson 1911 videos posted.

Good to see the COTEP community still growing
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 04-08-2012, 03:54 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I now know that i have arrived as a guy "who knows" i knew frm the model number that it was a lewis machine tool. one of the best. congratulations!
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 04-14-2012, 09:06 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
I now know that i have arrived as a guy "who knows" i knew frm the model number that it was a lewis machine tool. one of the best. congratulations!
Thanks. I just love the 308 cartridge and I am very pleased I went with a LMT 308 MWS, top notch when running both a 16in and my 20in barrel. I need to make a new review video because these old ones I have posted are way out dated and not very informative. I have added a lot of mods to my LMT308 and want to post another video showing the upgrades and give people more information.

Also my new FN SCAR 17, I will make a review "table top" video soon with all the mods I have done to it as well. My LMT 308 is my go to rifle for more long range and I am still trying to keep my SCAR 17 ("heavy" 308/7.62x51) as my lightweight 308 battle rifle.

Another plan is to make a comparison video with both the LMT308MWS and the FN SCAR 17s. If you didn't know the British went with the LMT308MWS (LM308MWSE) as there designated marksmen rifle and US SOCOM went with the FN SCAR 17 (MK17) as ther designated marksman rifle or all around 308 battle rifle so I just want to make a video showing off some of the ups and downs that both rifles have and how they compare as an all around 308 battle rifle.

Thanks again.
-Ryan
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops