COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 07-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Frog Lube

I have starting to apply Frog Lube to my firearms, but have been having some problems. How do you keep the guns from jumping out of the pan, when you put them in the sun, to heat up?

I am not sure how well it works, but it sure goes on easy and smells better than Hoppe's No.9 and other petro based products. It almost seems like Lanoline (remember the days of Brylcream?)

It will be interesting to see how it works over time.

Best wishes,
NRA Member
:stand:
Old 07-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Ok, I finally got a chance to shoot again today. Total round count on the CBOB and Springfield GI since I first applied the Frog Lube is 550 rounds, factory ammo and lead reloads, (I need to make some reloads real soon, I'm running out!) through each pistol with no cleaning, until today. I know 550 rounds isn't exactly a torture test but it's what I have done so far. Both pistols cycled fine all the way through.

I didn't take pictures of the Springfield because the carbon and soot didnt' show up too good in the pictures on a black pistol. So here are the before and after pictures of the CBOB.

Dirty.....

To me, the pistol didn't look that bad. Like I said I was shooting cheap factory ammo and lead reloaded with Bullseye, not the cleanest burning. The next picture is of the micro-fiber rag that comes with the Frog Lube kit to wipe down the pistol. I wiped all of the surfaces that I could reach with it and used the Q-tips for the rails.

Here are the "cleaned" pictures.....

I'm satisfied with it so far. It has done what it claims. Cleaning the pistols was easy.
All I did was wipe them off with the rag, no scrubbing, and Q-tip. I know I missed a little spot between the disconnector and ejector but I wiped it off after I looked at the pictures. I was in a hurry trying to get pictures taken before a huge thunder storm hit. The barrel even cleaned out very nice with a couple of patches.

I ran a lubed patch down the barrel again and applied some of the liquid lube to the rails with a Q-tip before I put them back together.

I'll keep y'all updated after more rounds. I'm going to try to stretch out the round count next time.

Take care,

Hoss

Government name- Terry
Old 07-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Hoss,

Thanks for the update. It seems to work as advertised.

Best wishes.
NRA Member
:stand: