COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 04-06-2012, 09:23 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Shot a little more than half of a 525 count box of Rem Golden Bullets today. The box cost me $20, so that's basically 260 rounds or so of shooting, for $10.

Gotta love it.

I spent most of the time drawing from concealment and placing controlled pairs, shooting at a 5" steel popper. Also practiced shooting while moving, and some one handed shooting.

After I shot the .22 kit, I put my .45 slide back on, and ran the same drills with it. Although the recoil for that first round of .45 after shooting all those popgun rounds a was dramatic ordeal, I could easily tell an improvement in my speed and accuracy from the draw, as well as the speed of my follow-ups. IOW, the kit is working.

I gotta say, this is squaring up to be one of the best gun related purchases I've made in a while.

Jason
Old 04-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Congrats on the subcal kit!
COTEP CCO0617
Eufaula, Alabama
Isaiah 6:8-10. 8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"
Old 04-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Jason, that's what ive done using my 22 conv. Plus doing single hand weak cross draw then single hand strong. That has helped me with weak hand shooting and then switch over to 45
Old 04-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Jason, that's what ive done using my 22 conv. Plus doing single hand weak cross draw then single hand strong. That has helped me with weak hand shooting and then switch over to 45
Yep. I honestly have always dropped the ball when it comes to weak hand shooting and drills. I recently had a momentary lapse in common sense and accidentally cut my weak hand thumb with a hobby chisel. Cut both extensor tendons, and had to have surgery to put them back together. That made me realize how quickly a hand can be put out of commission in a SD scenario if a gun or knife is involved. All of your extensor tendons are skin deep and on top of bone, which will act like a nice anvil if they get smashed or slashed. The surgery went fine, and I have about 95% of my range of motion back, and it's getting better every day, but I will be practicing shooting and malf clearing one handed, and with both weak and strong side from now on.

Jason