COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 04-27-2012, 08:21 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Draw View Post
Have a horsehide Crossbreed Supertuck and like it except that like all IWB holsters I have to wear a larger size pants and belt with it.

It is very comfortable though. Also have matching Crossbreed gunbelt and like it too.

Have a Don Hume 721 O.T. OWB on order for a change up and maybe at the range. Also have a Blackhawk Serpa but don't wear it much.

I purchased two Don Hume holsters when I first thought about carrying. One IWB and one out. I got the H715-M T.B. and the H721. Both with the thumb break. I returned the H721 because it was just hanging off my body and bouncing around. Something I knew I wasn't going to wear. Of course that's before I learned how important a gun belt is to the setup. Kicking my self for returning it or at least for not giving it a valid try. The H715 is the one that pokes me in the arse. That style holster isn't designed for comfort and with no cant adjustment it is what it is. Good in a pinch and easy to clip on but that's about it.
Dan Wesson SS VBOB, Custom Stainless TLE II, Pro Tactical .9mm, Colt Defender .45, Ruger LC9, Keltec .32, Walther PPK .380, S&W 6" Stainless M66 .357, Browning Buckmark II Target .22, 11/11 Hornady LnL Progressive
Old 04-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveKoz View Post
I purchased two Don Hume holsters when I first thought about carrying. One IWB and one out. I got the H715-M T.B. and the H721. Both with the thumb break. I returned the H721 because it was just hanging off my body and bouncing around. Something I knew I wasn't going to wear. Of course that's before I learned how important a gun belt is to the setup. Kicking my self for returning it or at least for not giving it a valid try. The H715 is the one that pokes me in the arse. That style holster isn't designed for comfort and with no cant adjustment it is what it is. Good in a pinch and easy to clip on but that's about it.
My Crossbreed Supertuck has the large protective backing which isolates the gun from direct contact with your body.

The Don Hume 721 O.T. also has a piece of leather which appears to offer some protection in the same area. I did not want a thumb break but did want the leather between the slide and my body which led me to choose this model.

I guess having only 5" barrel 1911s makes this feature more appealing to me.

Probably have about another month to wait on my backorder for the 721.
Old 04-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Have any of you heard of or tried a Theiss IWB holster (made by Tommy Theiss)? Just so you know, if you like or love a Crossbreed holster - you will love a Thiess. I just got one in horsehide for my DW Guardian. Excellent fit & retention is great. I wear it with an A&G Custom Gunleather belt.

This is basically the same holster/same exact build quality/same or better customer service - for significantly less cost than Crossbreed. Check them out!
Old 04-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartwatkins View Post
Have any of you heard of or tried a Theiss IWB holster (made by Tommy Theiss)? Just so you know, if you like or love a Crossbreed holster - you will love a Thiess. I just got one in horsehide for my DW Guardian. Excellent fit & retention is great. I wear it with an A&G Custom Gunleather belt.

This is basically the same holster/same exact build quality/same or better customer service - for significantly less cost than Crossbreed. Check them out!
Looks pretty good and a few bucks cheaper. Seems several places are copying the same basic design. Still don't know why more don't offer leather lined kydex ones. Fill a new nitch in the market... I spoke to White Hat today and asked about leather lined. She said they are talking about it but mag pouches are next on their list. Might do something in a few months.. I said, just my luck.. I'll buy one and then you'll offer them leather lined. She reminded me that the Maxtuck has the removable kydex so if they did come out with leather lined would just need to buy the lined kydex part. Still more money for the holster but does provide options.
Dan Wesson SS VBOB, Custom Stainless TLE II, Pro Tactical .9mm, Colt Defender .45, Ruger LC9, Keltec .32, Walther PPK .380, S&W 6" Stainless M66 .357, Browning Buckmark II Target .22, 11/11 Hornady LnL Progressive
Old 02-19-2014, 11:07 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Uhhhh..... Koz..... someone has. Go to our own Lane's website. Make life easy.... here's the url for ya. The Cotep Deacon is what you are looking for.... the commander also. Lane can do it with plain clips. That's what he's building for me as we speak.

http://www.lascoleather.com/IWB-Conc...olsters_c2.htm

Da
Is Lane still making holsters? I clicked on the link and it took me to a Go Daddy page.
Old 02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Lane does great work, padre is right...he is class act too!
Old 02-19-2014, 01:28 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
Lane does great work, padre is right...he is class act too!
Thanks but this thread is from 2012 and the link to his website is a dead end. Do you or anyone reading this know if he's still in business - perhaps with a new website? Thank you kindly.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

He had back problems..ain't seen Lane in a while
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 02-19-2014, 04:03 PM
COTEP Member

Thanks Pig!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:58 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
Thanks but this thread is from 2012 and the link to his website is a dead end. Do you or anyone reading this know if he's still in business - perhaps with a new website? Thank you kindly.
he was on a few weeks ago, maybe send him a PM and he should get an email notification.

hope he's doing better.