COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 06-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Great write up Terry. Thanks for taking to time to detail this.
Bob
Old 06-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by allrockabilly View Post
I might have to check out the Frog lube. I just recently bought me some Wilson Combat Ultima lube II (Universal) and it seams to work pretty nice it's not real thick like grease but a lot better than regular oils that run and dry up.

Have you ever tried any of the Wilson Combat Lubes and if you have how does it seem to compare to the Frog lube? It kind of sounds similar.

Thanks again for the post.

-Ryan S
I bought a bottle of the Wilson Combat lube about 6 months ago, but I don't think I ever tried it out. I guess I threw it into my range bag and forgot about it. The next time I clean a 1911, I'll try it out to see how it compares to the TW25B I've been using.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
I bought a bottle of the Wilson Combat lube about 6 months ago, but I don't think I ever tried it out. I guess I threw it into my range bag and forgot about it. The next time I clean a 1911, I'll try it out to see how it compares to the TW25B I've been using.

Thanks ,
I have just started to use it and so far I am very pleased. But I need to make a range trip soon and really give it a good try.

If you do try it out let me know what you think.

Thanks,

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 06-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

That technique of warming the metal parts is also one advocated by Militec-1. I've been using that product for about a decade and have had no problems at all. It seems to penetrate the metal and provide lubrication even when appearing "dry" which I note is also a claim of Frog Lube.

Eschew Tupperware!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:39 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bald1 View Post
That technique of warming the metal parts is also one advocated by Militec-1. I've been using that product for about a decade and have had no problems at all. It seems to penetrate the metal and provide lubrication even when appearing "dry" which I note is also a claim of Frog Lube.

Sounds pretty interesting, I will have to order both and give them a try.

I actually went to range today and the Wilson Combat Ultima-Lube II (Universal) works great. It keep the pistols lubricated the entire trip and when I was done It also made clean up a bit easier since i put a light coat over the areas that get the most build up of carbon and crap. That stuff wipe off pretty simple.

Anyways thanks for posting.

-Ryan S
2010 DW SS RZ-45 Heritage, 2011 DW SS Valor Bobtail (V-BOB), 2010 DW CCO, 2012 DW ECO, Sig Sauer P238 SAS edition, Sig Sauer 1911 Scorpion (5in barrel), Kahr P380, ,Kahr PM9->Black Diamond coat-Night sights, Daniel Defense DDM4 V4, LMT308MWS, and a FN SCAR 17 "Heavy".
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops
Old 07-02-2011, 04:12 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss in IL View Post
I tell you what , after you strip three pistols in less than two weeks, they go back together faster. I did fumble with the sear and disconnector a little. The lube made them so slick that I had a hard time keeping them lined up together to re-install. I figured out a trick though.

I'll let y'all know how it goes, good or bad. I hope not bad.
Terry, hope to see the dirty pics!!! Also please let us know how it goes over several times out to the range. The more the info, the the better!

Terry, I do wish you'd stop by the table in the evening's even just to say "Hi"!

noel

The Present is the instant flash of reality in which the ever approaching Future becomes the Past..................

The Constitution is my Caesar
Old 07-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I put about 100 rounds through my Valor, which I had lubed up with Wilson Combat Ultima-Lube II grease.

After the session, more of the lube was squeezed out of the rail channel than I see with FP-10 ((makes sense cause it's thicker) but there was still plenty of lube where it counts. I'm sure I could have fired a few hundred more with no change.

I noticed somewhat sluggish slide movement of the stripped slide on the frame compared with FP-10 or Mil-Comm TW-25B, which is what I've been using the last couple months. I had the CCO lubed with TW-25, and after about 75 rounds it was still smooth as as it was before the range session. The Valor still functioned 100%, which is what I fully expect. I may perform an extended 500 round + test with it sometime.

I'll probably put the Wilson lube back in the range bag for now, and stick with the TW-25.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I was telling the other day that I have been swamped here at home. I didn't get to the range the last time I posted on it. I should be shaking loose soon. There is an IDPA and USPSA shoot not far from me coming up (two days back to back). I'm going to try to go to one or both of the shoots. I imagine that if there is going to be a problem with the frog, it will show up.

Caesar uses TW25B and he likes it.

Does your Valor squeeze out a lot of FP-10?

I don't want to have to re-lube just because I want to shoot 300 or more rounds at a time. Lazy? Careless? I don't know but if it works, I'll be impressed.

I do like not having oil all over me when I'm finished shooting and I can never remember to put the oil in my range bag when I leave to shoot anyway.

Government name- Terry
Old 07-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

If you go to one of the shoots, that should be a very good test....and a good excuse for a thread.

FP-10 works quite well, and seems to stay in place about as well as Mobile 1 10-30, but not as well as TW-25B.

Any excess TW-25B that's applied to the rails ends up on the rear of the slide....not down the sides of the frame.

At this point in time, if I had a 500 round day ahead of me, I'd likely apply TW-25B once to the rails, rack the slide 10 or so times to distribute it thoroughly, then add some more.

Old 07-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzman View Post
I put about 100 rounds through my Valor, which I had lubed up with Wilson Combat Ultima-Lube II grease.

After the session, more of the lube was squeezed out of the rail channel than I see with FP-10 ((makes sense cause it's thicker) but there was still plenty of lube where it counts. I'm sure I could have fired a few hundred more with no change.

I noticed somewhat sluggish slide movement of the stripped slide on the frame compared with FP-10 or Mil-Comm TW-25B, which is what I've been using the last couple months. I had the CCO lubed with TW-25, and after about 75 rounds it was still smooth as as it was before the range session. The Valor still functioned 100%, which is what I fully expect. I may perform an extended 500 round + test with it sometime.

I'll probably put the Wilson lube back in the range bag for now, and stick with the TW-25.

Yea I could see the grease doing that. I have been using the Ultima Lube II (Universal) it's like a thick oil Not nearly as thick as their grease But it is still thick. I might try there Ultima Lube II(Oil) and see if that's any better. Some have been telling me it's the best but everyone has there own opinion and favorite product.

I really just need to break down and get some TW-25 since I am hearing good things about it. And after reading about it, it sounds great.

Thanks for the response.

-Ryan S
COTEP # CCO0488
God Bless Our Troops