Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
you got one of those too huh?

I have an allowance for the following:

1. Pew Pew
2. Bicycle
3. Food (s)
4. Hockey

I am usually in the red at the end of the year in which my auditor is not very happy about. Then I get a penalty if I don't file or an extension and promise to be more careful in the next year thus the cycle continues. Been operating in a unbalanced budged for 14 years now. At some point the people will probably revolt and I will have to move into the dog house.
Well you see, I used to claim 0 on my dependence. That way I always got a nice refund to spend on whatever I wanted. Then LISA suggested I claim a 1 or 2 so that I don't "over pay" and have more $$on my pay checks. Well.... apparently claiming just a "1" makes me owe ! What a bunch of BS, 'cause honestly I don't see any "extra" on my paychecks.

Ok rant over... who wants to buy me an M&P 45?
Old 03-15-2017, 12:39 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

I will say this buddy, you should try to break even or pay in just a bit the IRS at the end of the year. My wife the CPA says that is the best use of your money and not to let them use your money to make money that you will get back at the end of the year. You never want to have the govt owe you very much at the end of the year.........so far that has never happened here though ;(
Old 03-15-2017, 12:54 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

All I know is that we pay our CPA a HUGE amount every year to do our taxes and we generally get a pretty decent refund. Do I ever see any of it? Hell no. This years refund went towards a leather sectional that I dislike. Oh well, "Happy wife, happy life".

Disclaimer: Mayla runs a daycare out of our house, so we have a ton of write offs. Our CPA warns us that if she ever quits the daycare business and gets a normal 9-5, we will be paying out the wazoo.

There you go , you can start a daycare business. You can watch your nads and write off the time & money spent doing so.

God I kill me......
Old 03-15-2017, 02:33 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
All I know is that we pay our CPA a HUGE amount every year to do our taxes and we generally get a pretty decent refund. Do I ever see any of it? Hell no. This years refund went towards a leather sectional that I dislike. Oh well, "Happy wife, happy life".

Disclaimer: Mayla runs a daycare out of our house, so we have a ton of write offs. Our CPA warns us that if she ever quits the daycare business and gets a normal 9-5, we will be paying out the wazoo.

There you go , you can start a daycare business. You can watch your nads and write off the time & money spent doing so.

God I kill me......
I thought you were supposed to stay 500ft from any under aged child...oh wait, that's right. You are at work while the children are at your house.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:35 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
I will say this buddy, you should try to break even or pay in just a bit the IRS at the end of the year. My wife the CPA says that is the best use of your money and not to let them use your money to make money that you will get back at the end of the year. You never want to have the govt owe you very much at the end of the year.........so far that has never happened here though ;(
Yep, LISA is not a CPA but, told me the exact same thing. Oh well....... Ramen noodles and saltines for a few months won't be too bad this year.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:52 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
Yep, LISA is not a CPA but, told me the exact same thing. Oh well....... Ramen noodles and saltines for a few months won't be too bad this year.
nah we would take up a collection for you first. We might get enough collected for soup...
Old 03-15-2017, 04:21 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Always wanted one of these, but dang it, timing's not right. Arghhh.

Somebody buy one to make me feel better.

https://gunprime.com/product/smith-w...ag-safety-new/

Ell, I bought one 3 weeks ago.... NEW S&W M&P Performance Center model w/worked trigger assembly, safety and ported barrel and slide in 9MM new w/ 3 magazines shipped to me for $397.00. The .45 was a few dollars cheaper. If and when you want it let me know. I can cut a deal for you on it.
dennis
NRA Life Member

I stand for the flag, I kneel for the fallen!

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.
Old 03-15-2017, 04:24 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pony up View Post
Ell, I bought one 3 weeks ago.... NEW S&W M&P Performance Center model w/worked trigger assembly, safety and ported barrel and slide in 9MM new w/ 3 magazines shipped to me for $397.00. The .45 was a few dollars cheaper. If and when you want it let me know. I can cut a deal for you on it.
dennis
Damn. Congrats. You got it brother.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:21 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Cost for the rest of the year? Think the costs for the rest of your life. I have friends who still have their kids mooching off them... and the kids are in their late 30's!!! "But dad... I need another car..."....

But... on the other hand.... no kids? You never get to hear a little one say "hey Grandpa" to you. Life does have it's tradeoffs...
This is true, and saddens me. I have no kids, so no "hey grandpa" for me, actually no one to look after me when I'm old and with all sorts of issues, kind of scary and sad to think of.

About taxes, don't even get me started as the past five years we have owed the IRS quite a chunk of money. Apparently I have to adjust my W-4. That sucks as living in this big house already has me running on a pretty tight belt. To think more money is going to go to the government in an effort to prevent owing them at the end of the year, makes me nauseous. We seriously need to reform our tax code, eliminate brackets, and loopholes. Flat tax rate for everyone, simple and fair.

Last edited by pitor; 03-16-2017 at 07:27 AM.