COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Les Baer

Old 06-06-2014, 10:36 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

What a lousy lesson that cost doesn't always equal quality.

Apparently Les doesn't need the business or the money anymore; so he doesn't have to stand by his craftsmanship. It is disappointing.
NRA Member
:stand:
Old 06-06-2014, 10:39 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

, sorry to hear of the reply that you got.

I do not think that you will ever be happy with the 1911 whether it is a tack driver or not. The thought will always be in the back of your mind wondering what if...........

I did show the pictures to a few smiths at Armscor and they by no means are talking bad about the 1911 or the smith but did say that they have replaced a couple of RIA 1911 pistols that came back looking like yours. Granted we are talking about 2 completely different animals here but in business the customer needs to be taken care of.

You could always buy one of these and have it customized for you!!! I know ..........it is still not a Baer!!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 06-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoMag View Post
, sorry to hear of the reply that you got.

I do not think that you will ever be happy with the 1911 whether it is a tack driver or not. The thought will always be in the back of your mind wondering what if...........

I did show the pictures to a few smiths at Armscor and they by no means are talking bad about the 1911 or the smith but did say that they have replaced a couple of RIA 1911 pistols that came back looking like yours. Granted we are talking about 2 completely different animals here but in business the customer needs to be taken care of.

You could always buy one of these and have it customized for you!!! I know ..........it is still not a Baer!!!

Maybe could get 3 RIAs, for the same price as the Baer, and have Armscor ship them in a plain cardboard box with Baer written in magic marker. He'd be ahead.
NRA Member
:stand:
Old 06-06-2014, 10:52 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,607 Times in 418 Posts

I'd give them one more try with the simple explanation that you are not a satisfied customer and expect more of a quality builder like Baer. If you get no satisfaction then I would be sure to post those pictures on every forum which is related to 1911's or any other firearm. Something tells me Senor Baer will not appreciate that kind of publicity...

Might even consider posting those pics on his facebook page...

Last edited by Xbonz; 06-07-2014 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:57 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

He could actually get about 5 for the price of the Baer.

But like I said it would still not be the Baer Monolith that he wants!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 06-06-2014, 11:40 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Sorry to hear that Ell, that should of never left the shop like that. Do whats in your heart, weather its to sell it or to run it as is. I won't give that man my money (not that I can afford it).
Automag, what is an average cost of a custom shop RIA?
Old 06-07-2014, 02:18 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post
I'd give them one more try with the simple explanation that you are not a satisfied customer and expect more of a quality builder like Baer. If you get no satisfaction then I would be sure to post those pictures on every forum which is related to 1911's or any other firearm. Something tells me Senor Baer will not appreciate that kind of publicity...

Night even consider posting those pics on his facebook page...
+1

Ell, make sure to tell them you and all your Friends will spread the word across the Net about this Bullsh!t, they might sing a different tune then.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:40 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbonz View Post

Might even consider posting those pics on his facebook page...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar grips. View Post
+1

Ell, make sure to tell them you and all your Friends will spread the word across the Net about this Bullsh!t, they might sing a different tune then.
I agree with these posts......how much you want for the gun? Since the wait is sooooo long to get one you could probly sell it for more than you paid.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 06-07-2014, 10:05 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

You can tell them that you know of one guy that was very interested in getting a Baer until he saw the shoddy workmanship, and learned that they don't stand behind their products.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 06-07-2014 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:04 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Well being the professional asshat i am.... i will give you 500 for it.