COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > RIA

Old 11-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Hey Auto - do you know what happened with these guns? I called the 800 number and was told that if the gun wasn't on the website, it wasn't available. Nobody knew anything about a 10mm RIA. So I did some searching and found another thread on the XDTalk forum about the same thing. Apparently CTD has a rep that is a member there. He confirmed on the forum that the RIA 10mms would only be available at the McKinney TX store on Friday. I talked to an employee at the McKinney store and he said he didn't know anything about any 10mm RIAs. He said he worked all day yesterday (Black Friday) and they did not sell a single 10mm RIA. He said he was not aware that the store ever received any.

Just wondering if you any new information?
I got the same info. From what I was told the McKinney store has them, they were delivered about 4:00 Thursday. They may not have received them in time to be logged in for the sale. I am going to call again tomorrow and see what is going on. They might be saving them for the cyber Monday sale. Either way there are a lot of disappointed and agitated people looking for them.

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Well, now that I have my FFL account set up with a variety of distributors, I see what wholesale cost is going to be. They are not available yet, but I've already got two on my watch list. I will probably hold off and save myself quite a bit of money on one. One for me and one to sell hopefully.

Thanks for the info though!

Class 07 FFL and Dan Wesson Dealer
Old 11-30-2012, 05:19 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

They are up on the CTD website. $599!

I'll be a buyer come Feb. That is -- if I don't decide to cancel as for everybody but myself and take a drive to Mckinney on Sunday.
COTEP #624
Old 11-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I just might buy myself one of these. Hard to resist getting a 10mm for $600. It is a cartridge that I have always wanted to try especially once I started reloading.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I'm having a hard time resisting buying from a retailer at that price. But I think I may hold off until one of my distributor gets a shipment and I can save a little more money.

But $600 is a damn good price for a 10mm with a FO front sight.

Old 11-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
I'm having a hard time resisting buying from a retailer at that price. But I think I may hold off until one of my distributor gets a shipment and I can save a little more money.

But $600 is a damn good price for a 10mm with a FO front sight.
Yes indeed...........you will not find any in my opinion that are better for that price!!! But then again that is just my opinion.........

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I just can't seem to make up my mind on this gun. Just about the time I'm ready to buy it, I start talking myself out of it. I went to Midway's website last night and just started adding up all the parts I'd want replaced on the gun. And even with my FFL discount, I was at $200 in aftermarket parts. Not counting the cost for gunsmithing. So call it $100 to fit and install all the parts I want replaced. $600 for the gun, $200, for parts, and $100 for labor and I would have $900 in the whole thing. It would just be too hard for me to just shoot the gun like it is. Too many things I would want changed.