COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2022, 12:38 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Have you tried Federal Matchking? If so, how do they compare? I've only used Federal.

I went on Gunbroker the other day and found a merchant who advertised 168Gr .308 for $14.95 per 20 rnd box. I ordered two boxes. They arrived about 1hr ago.

There were no markings on the box or the round itself to indicate it was 168 Gr, as opposed to a different sized .308, They looked/measured exactly the same as my 175Grs, except they were not HPBT but where BTFMJ. I had to pull out my precision kitchen scale and weigh each. They both weighed exactly the same, 26 grams. There is nothing indicating that they are 168Gr except the advertising on the website. So, I'm left to wonder if they are, in fact, 168Gr or maybe 175 or something different.

I guess I'll find out this Wed. (02/23) at my next trip out to the range. We'll see if the recoil feels different or my accuracy improves. If not, then I'll stick with my 175s.

I should be able to start my 2nd AR build within the next two weeks. I'll keep you posted. It may be all I can do for now, as I just got hit with a nasty expenditure, courtesy of my Homeowner's Insurance policy. My 19y/o roof must be fully replaced within one year or they will cancel me. I'm looking into a USDA Sect. 504 Guaranteed Loan/Grant to help out.

Will file an AAR after Wed. 2/23.