COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Talking Took a friend from work

Brought a buddy to the range today. He doesn't own a hand gun right now and all he wanted (before today) was a Glock. He knew my take on the subject. So I told him, I would be happy to take him to the range as my guest, I told him he could rent range guns (take your pick) and try the ones he's interested in and see how they shoot.

Well, He tried the Glock (didn't like it), He tried the XD (a little better then the Glock) and the Sig in that order, he likes the Sig best out of the Polymer handguns he tried. Then I let him shoot mine.

First the 45 then the 9mm, he was amazed how much he liked the trigger of the 1911. He asked me why my guns cost so much? I told him that mine are the low middle of the road, and someone could spend a hole lot more on a 1911. Then I let him shoot the GSG 1911-22, I told him that the GSG was a $340 gun. I told him he could get a Rock Island for under $550.

So we're walking out of the firing range and over to the counter. Many (Buddy behind the counter) asked him what he thought about the guns he shot? Ricky (friend from work) said he loved the feel of the 1911.
I think I might have converted him.

This is the Kicker Many a die hard Kimber fan told me about a Dan Wesson he shot, how tight the slide to frame fit was and the trigger..... Well I told Many that I already know about Dan Wesson and that I will be getting one. He told me not to get one until he found out which model he shot (range members gun) that I need to get that model. I told him all of DW are well built.

Greg

Last edited by GoldenVolt; 01-27-2012 at 09:51 PM.