COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 02-06-2013, 12:11 AM
Mimber Lover

Default EGW custom bushings

Hello, I'm new here and I'm thinking of ordering a custom bushing from EGW for my FS RIA Tactical... I wish I knew how to make a poll on here but I don't see the option for that.

I'm wondering how many of you have installed a custom EGW bushing on your 1911s (of any make/model), and how it affected your pistol? Did it shrink the group sizes, leave group sizes the same but prevent those occasional flyers (like it did for Dave Waits), or have no perceivable effect? Did it make your 1911 significantly harder to disassemble/reassemble (ie, do you have to retract the slide partially and/or use a bushing wrench to remove the new bushing)?

Thanks for your input!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Can't speak to the EGW bushing... as I haven't had to go that route yet. My guns can outshoot my skills any day of the week. BUT.....

I can tell you how to do a poll. When you start a new thread (as you did), type your thread message (like you did), but then scroll down to below the submit /preview buttons. At the very bottom, you will see "do you want to post a poll?"

I'm sure you'll be able to take it from there. (pssst.... I couldn't find it the first time either!)

Welcome to our little place in the Sun!
Da
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.