COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > RIA

Old 04-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Mike, from what Ivan told me Centerfire Systems is taking preorders for all the new RIA 1911's!

Not sure when they will have them though.

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 04-14-2011, 04:41 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

The full rail 5" is what I crave. I'm assuming a cast frame or is it forged?

John Harrison/Les Baer
2009 Valor #46 COTEP 184
Springfield TRP 10mm RMR
Old 04-14-2011, 08:39 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I hate to tell ya Auto Mag but the guys at Centerfire do not know that this new gun is coming.

I have spoken to two different guys Sven and Todd I think and both had no idea that the gun even existed. I asked if I could be put on a waiting list and they did not even have an idea that there was one. They did put a note in my file.

We have a great life here in [Texas], and we're never going back to America again – Homer Simpson
Texans and Guns The All Mighty JMB
Old 04-14-2011, 01:48 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default My Rock's

Here is a listing of my Rock's

My Charles Daly which is probably the last CD ever made.

I asked Arnel the Armscor gunsmith to make me a custom Rock tactical at the time he did not have any Rock parts but he did have a CD frame and slide. He proceeded to put the parts together and ship it to me. I have made a few minor changes which include C&S trigger, Colt MSH, 10-8 rear sight, and special Dawson FO for Rock front sight cut.

He is my Rock Mid Size gun that was highly modified by Arnel where every part was replaced, WC beavertail added, and a EB bobtail added. Arnel did the majority of the work and I had a local smith mill the slide for a Trijicon front sight and 10-8 rear sight.

More to come:

We have a great life here in [Texas], and we're never going back to America again – Homer Simpson

Last edited by Mike45; 04-14-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Here is a pic of my first Rock pistol it was a compact model but I was having trouble with the gun feeding and three point jams. I had lost total confidence in the gun and sent it in to Armscor for replacement of the slide/barrel. After many months of waiting for a new compact slide I asked Arnel if he simply put a 4" slide on the frame making it a CCO. He said no problem and made the change. I sent the gun off the the local gunsmith to have a gold front bead sight and 10-8 rear sight put on the gun in addition to a S&A MSH/magwell. Unfortunately the gunsmith slipped with the mill and milled the frame where the MSH spring seats in the frame. I now awaiting for the gun smith to make it right, we will see if he does. This pic was taken before the new sights but after the work by Arnel. It looks slimy as I had just parked it and did a nitrite type finish.

Here is my Hi Cap Rock that I modified with a beavertail and Rock tactical slide. I have spoken with Arnel and he will be fitting a new slide to this gun, it will be a match slide. This work will be done in May of this year. I will also have him change the internals and checker the front strap.

Still more to come:

Last edited by Mike45; 04-14-2011 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 01:50 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Here is a pic of my Rock Hi Cap Longslide. It is a Arnel handmade Rockisland that does not exsit as a standard model. Only two other guys, who both are COTEP members, have this model. It is not finished at this point as I have just sent off the slide to Arnel to have a new firing pin stop replaced as the extractor was rotating in the slide. The front sight also was a bit crooked and Arnel will be replacing it also.

My Plan is to have the 5 inch Hi Cap to look just like my longslide and both will have the same finished.

I am now having Arnel making me a new single stack longslide match pistol. I have purchased the majority of the parts and he will begin working on it in his spare time. I plan on buying a 5 inch match and having these two guns finished the same just like my Hi Cap's.

I hope you all enjoy the story behind my Rocks.

Mike

Last edited by Mike45; 04-14-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Mike, I just spoke to Ivan and Centerfire is definitely getting all of the new models!!

Shane, the owner put in a big order with Ivan at the SHOT Show for the rail model, the TCM 22 and the new 22LR 1911. They definitely will be getting some though!!

Ivan said that some of the sales guys at Centerfire might not be aware of the order.

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 04-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
Not soon enough Auto Mag. As soon as I see one of those full rail guns it is going on my credit card.
You and me both!
I have a 5" Tactical in 9mm and an Officers size on the way.
This will be my first foray into RIA guns and I have no idea what to expect.
COTEP #373

Our intentions do not always predicate our actions, but we own the consequences nevertheless.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Really neat collection Mike! Thanks for sharing about them all :-). Sorry to hear about the mill-slip though....that's some rotten luck :-(. Some real neat builds you had Arnel do.

@Dumbell: I hope you will find yourself as pleased as the rest of us :-). A year ago, I hadnt even heard of RIA, but I love the GI I picked up. I'm sure a few more Rocks will end up in my stable before all is said and done.
COTEP #0443 USMC #0311
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." ~Robert E Lee
“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.” ~Dante Alighieri
Old 04-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

what kind of finish are you going with Mike?
COTEP #0443 USMC #0311
"Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less." ~Robert E Lee
“The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in times of great moral crises maintain their neutrality.” ~Dante Alighieri