COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room > Help Me Fix My Gun

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-27-2012, 11:13 AM
COTEP Member

Parts came in Friday. Kinda a shotgun fix method. Tuesday I visit my shadetree gunsmith (someone and anyone who knows more about the finer details of the inner workings of these critters). The parts were ordered from Ed Brown since, as advertised, most parts of the CBOB are Ed Brown components. The problem was identified as the disconnector not returning to it's correct position consistently after each firing cycle. So, the new parts consist of: sear, mainspring, and disconnector. Since I believe in having backup parts, just in case, I went ahead and ordered spares as in: 18# and 20# recoil springs to help tailor the pistol to my handloads, firing pin, extractor, recoil spring plug and, sorry, couldn't help myself, a stainless hammer (cuz the original hammer is blued and just didn't look right on a otherwise stainless pistol). Since I'll have the spares, I know the original parts will not fail. I view this as cheap insurance.

More to follow after Tuesday.

NRA Member
VietNam Vet. Retired Military: 1963-1967 U.S. Navy 1971-1987 MSgt, U.S. Air Force (TTK, IBBA, SACmasized, Plank Owner USSPACECOM).

CBOB 0650
Dan Wesson CBOB 08 build.