COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Product Reviews

Old 12-18-2016, 11:09 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Well, some people like Chevy and some like Ford. Some prefer Window, other Mac. That's what makes us individuals To each their own.

I for one will never own a "block", regardless of its perceived reliability or because thousands of police depts have bought them. I don't like the looks nor how they fit in my hand. I shot one once, once. Didn't care for it Plus, they're not completely 100% good to go out of the box. I've read plenty of stories about people having issues with what is regarded by many as the best pistol ever made.

I fell in love with the M&P after Ed introduced me to it. The way it feels in my hand and for me they're natural pointers. I've never had an issue with any of them I've owned. I've owned 4, sold one to buy the wifey a present, it was a duplicate anyways. Had S&W not pulled their line up (except the Shield) from California because of the micro stamping bs, I would own every model possible. Yes, I'm a fan boy like .

Granted, the M&P does need to have an APEX DCAEK kit installed to get rid of the gritty trigger and take up, not to mention the USB needs replaced. That's an issue that S&W needs to continue to work on.

Tell you what, regarding this new model, not sure why they put an ambi safety on it.... yuck. Maybe it's for one of those safe states???
Funny you say that. The first time I shot one was a 2nd gen G19. I hated it! Hated the way it felt in my hand and the recoil felt funky. After I shot I told the owner "Here, take this piece of $hit away from me!" Took me a few years for it to win me over.
I think every manufacturers go through problems with a particular model or run, although I never had a problem with any of my Glocks. Then again, I can the same about my Colts, Kimber, Wilson Combats, and a myriad of others.
Currently our state police got rid of the Sigs after a few years as they were having some serious issues with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
If you read the description on the link you posted' it says "Features and Benefits

•Semiautomatic, striker-fired action with a 17-round capacity

•Corrosion-resistant Armornite finish

•Aggressive grip texture

•4 interchangeable palm swell grip inserts

•M&P M2.0 trigger

•Steel-white dot front sight and steel-white 2-dot rear sight

•Important Product and Safety Information".

The bolded in red......2.0 Trigger? Maybe they fixed the trigger and made it nice and smooth. I doubt it'll be anywhere near what you can get with an APEX but, maybe its better.

I agree with Ell on the G locks. I can't shoot them to save my arse. The grip angle sucks, the stock sights suck, and the "pointability" sucks.........<---- This is just my opinion from my personal experience. I always shoot low and to the left (no, it's not trigger control) and fight to find the sights after drawing the pistol from low ready or holster. If I try to point shoot the thing, I have no idea where the rounds go. Now, the M&P........it feels great in my hands, points very naturally for me, and I hit POA. Don't get me wrong......I'm not hating on the G lock. It's just not for me.

I hope Smith comes out with a compact 2.0, which I don't see why they wouldn't.
That's what I had to overcome. It's been my experience anyone who learned and has experience with other firearms particularly all steel firearms tend to shoot low and towards their week side. I figured out because the Glock is so light that it's more susceptible to grip and trigger mistakes movements.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.

Last edited by BlackKnight; 12-18-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:42 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

Does it come in a wrapper?

Just kidding brother, looks good....just not my flavor.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:57 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Funny you say that. The first time I shot one was a 2nd gen G19. I hated it! Hated the way it felt in my hand and the recoil felt funky. After I shot I told the owner "Here, take this piece of $hit away from me!" Took me a few years for it to win me over.
I think every manufacturers go through problems with a particular model or run, although I never had a problem with any of my Glocks. Then again, I can the same about my Colts, Kimber, Wilson Combats, and a myriad of others.
Currently our state police got rid of the Sigs after a few years as they were having some serious issues with them.
That's exactly how I felt.....

I understand you 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
Does it come in a wrapper?

Just kidding brother, looks good....just not my flavor.

I'll wrap something in Nutella for you....
Old 12-19-2016, 10:48 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

In all seriousness, from what I hear M&P 9 are good, although I haven't shot one yet. I wouldn't mind picking one up in FDE.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 12-19-2016, 11:24 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,788 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
That's exactly how I felt.....

I understand you 100%

I'll wrap something in Nutella for you....
kinky
Old 12-19-2016, 12:15 PM
COTEP Member

FWIW, although not the pistol in the OP, I've shot the Shield 45 and the PC Shield 9. In both of those guns the out of the box trigger is much better than the standard Shield 9 trigger is/was that drove people to an APEX trigger kit. Perhaps the same improvements were made to the trigger of the M2.0 M&P pistol in the OP?

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2022 (now retired)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
-- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
-- H. Spencer
Old 12-19-2016, 03:14 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerHunter View Post
FWIW, although not the pistol in the OP, I've shot the Shield 45 and the PC Shield 9. In both of those guns the out of the box trigger is much better than the standard Shield 9 trigger is/was that drove people to an APEX trigger kit. Perhaps the same improvements were made to the trigger of the M2.0 M&P pistol in the OP?
That's good to hear regarding the newer Shields and let's hope so regarding the 2.0 triggers.

It is kind of a bummer that after you drop sometimes upwards of $600 on a poly pistol that you still have to drop another $150 or so on an upgrade kit just to have a smooth trigger.

I guess that's where the blocks are superior.