Old 12-18-2016, 03:06 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts
Default New S&W M&P

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...esson-mp-m2-0/

It seems the major updates are:

1- Different grip texture.

2- Removed the beavertail from the fullsize models.

3- 1911 style flared ejection port.

4- Forward cocking serrations.

5- Serial numbers have been moved forward to those little boxes and QR Code added.

Too bad we'll never see them here in California
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to skosh69 For This Useful Post:
Caleb (12-18-2016), FfNJGTFO (12-18-2016), Pirate (12-18-2016), RKP (12-18-2016)
Old 12-18-2016, 03:19 PM
COTEP Member

Don't think I will be picking one of these up.... Love my M&P 9C, but my Glock 26 has been my go to carry gun for quite a while now.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:48 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I used to think that the S&W M&P would break the hold Glock had on the market, but apparently I was wrong. I had M&P 45 and I sold it within 6 months of owning it.
In addition, I think they just did a real disservice by adding that safety lever on the newer model.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:36 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
I used to think that the S&W M&P would break the hold Glock had on the market, but apparently I was wrong. I had M&P 45 and I sold it within 6 months of owning it.
In addition, I think they just did a real disservice by adding that safety lever on the newer model.

Why did you sell your .45? Do you carry other .45's or was it the design?

The safety may be optional when they do the full roll out.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:37 PM
COTEP Member

"To each their own" - but ........ it's not for me.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:46 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Hmm interesting.... I like the look but, my V1 seems to do the job just fine. Don't get me wrong, I'm a M&P fan boy so maybe down the line I'll pick one up. But, for now I'll hold off. Plus, there are two other new pistols coming out that have my attention.
Old 12-18-2016, 05:54 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Why did you sell your .45? Do you carry other .45's or was it the design?
Because they did a piss poor job of copying Glock. I initially though that since they improved on what most people hated about Glock, i.e blockish grip feel, grip angle, trigger pull, that it would give them a run for their money. Well, they failed, imo. Also, the local county Sheriff's Department went to them (approx. 700 officers) and they've had issues with them from the beginning. That's why I initially brought it as I was on the SWAT Team at the time and is what they carry. The guy I sold it to is now on the team and he switched back to our duty carry (G19).
I like something I keep it no matter how many I have. I've only sold three guns in my lifetime including that one. The other's being the G23 and G27, but that's another story.
I only carry my G19, either personal or duty, or my G43 when I'm wearing sweats or something.
Btw, I also own a G21sf. Beats their M&P .45 by a mile, imo.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 12-18-2016, 06:52 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Because they did a piss poor job of copying Glock. I initially though that since they improved on what most people hated about Glock, i.e blockish grip feel, grip angle, trigger pull, that it would give them a run for their money. Well, they failed, imo. Also, the local county Sheriff's Department went to them (approx. 700 officers) and they've had issues with them from the beginning. That's why I initially brought it as I was on the SWAT Team at the time and is what they carry. The guy I sold it to is now on the team and he switched back to our duty carry (G19).
I like something I keep it no matter how many I have. I've only sold three guns in my lifetime including that one. The other's being the G23 and G27, but that's another story.
I only carry my G19, either personal or duty, or my G43 when I'm wearing sweats or something.
Btw, I also own a G21sf. Beats their M&P .45 by a mile, imo.
Thanks for the input. I have an M&P40C and have the barrel for 9mm. I have been pleased but have never shot a Glock so I don't have a comparison. I have been thinking of putting the 9mm barrel through the wringer and if it runs the same as the .40 then switching to 9mm. Being able to swap calibers is pretty big for me but I believe you just swap the slide and the ejector for the Glock and you can swap calibers as well so that is a wash.
Old 12-18-2016, 08:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 4,517 Times in 1,211 Posts

Well, some people like Chevy and some like Ford. Some prefer Window, other Mac. That's what makes us individuals To each their own.

I for one will never own a "block", regardless of its perceived reliability or because thousands of police depts have bought them. I don't like the looks nor how they fit in my hand. I shot one once, once. Didn't care for it Plus, they're not completely 100% good to go out of the box. I've read plenty of stories about people having issues with what is regarded by many as the best pistol ever made.

I fell in love with the M&P after Ed introduced me to it. The way it feels in my hand and for me they're natural pointers. I've never had an issue with any of them I've owned. I've owned 4, sold one to buy the wifey a present, it was a duplicate anyways. Had S&W not pulled their line up (except the Shield) from California because of the micro stamping bs, I would own every model possible. Yes, I'm a fan boy like .

Granted, the M&P does need to have an APEX DCAEK kit installed to get rid of the gritty trigger and take up, not to mention the USB needs replaced. That's an issue that S&W needs to continue to work on.

Tell you what, regarding this new model, not sure why they put an ambi safety on it.... yuck. Maybe it's for one of those safe states???

Last edited by skosh69; 12-18-2016 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-18-2016, 09:48 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skosh69 View Post
Well, some people like Chevy and some like Ford. Some prefer Window, other Mac. That's what makes us individuals To each their own.

I for one will never own a "block", regardless of its perceived reliability or because thousands of police depts have bought them. I don't like the looks nor how they fit in my hand. I shot one once, once. Didn't care for it Plus, they're not completely 100% good to go out of the box. I've read plenty of stories about people having issues with what is regarded by many as the best pistol ever made.

I fell in love with the M&P after Ed introduced me to it. The way it feels in my hand and for me they're natural pointers. I've never had an issue with any of them I've owned. I've owned 4, sold one to buy the wifey a present, it was a duplicate anyways. Had S&W not pulled their line up (except the Shield) from California because of the micro stamping bs, I would own every model possible. Yes, I'm a fan boy like .

Granted, the M&P does need to have an APEX DCAEK kit installed to get rid of the gritty trigger and take up, not to mention the USB needs replaced. That's an issue that S&W needs to continue to work on.

Tell you what, regarding this new model, not sure why they put an ambi safety on it.... yuck. Maybe it's for one of those safe states???

If you read the description on the link you posted' it says "Features and Benefits

•Semiautomatic, striker-fired action with a 17-round capacity

•Corrosion-resistant Armornite finish

•Aggressive grip texture

•4 interchangeable palm swell grip inserts

•M&P M2.0 trigger

•Steel-white dot front sight and steel-white 2-dot rear sight

•Important Product and Safety Information".

The bolded in red......2.0 Trigger? Maybe they fixed the trigger and made it nice and smooth. I doubt it'll be anywhere near what you can get with an APEX but, maybe its better.

I agree with Ell on the G locks. I can't shoot them to save my arse. The grip angle sucks, the stock sights suck, and the "pointability" sucks.........<---- This is just my opinion from my personal experience. I always shoot low and to the left (no, it's not trigger control) and fight to find the sights after drawing the pistol from low ready or holster. If I try to point shoot the thing, I have no idea where the rounds go. Now, the M&P........it feels great in my hands, points very naturally for me, and I hit POA. Don't get me wrong......I'm not hating on the G lock. It's just not for me.

I hope Smith comes out with a compact 2.0, which I don't see why they wouldn't.