COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 08-14-2014, 07:37 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Point it and shoot it....no need for dots....just a bead at the end of the barrel..
My one son likes a ghost ring, I don't know why, he shoots from the hip. The other son likes a single bead. He uses it, very well.
I understand that Joe but, I'm speaking for the OP's situation. I shoot s with no bead or sight on the shotgun.
Old 08-15-2014, 04:45 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
Think about this...... maybe, mount one of those 45* pict rails on the receiver facing to the left. Then, mount a mini red dot or something similar to it. When you shoulder the weapon right handed, the red dot "might" (I have never tried it) line up with your left eye. Make sense?

For example..... http://www.amazon.com/TMS-Tactical-D.../dp/B0081LP992
I actually really like this idea. The rail isn't expensive and I could always buy a lower end red dot to try it out.

I did order the birdshead grip to try that too. I think it will help with aiming when/if I have to shoot righty.

Last edited by BlindEyeShooter; 08-15-2014 at 06:19 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:05 PM
COTEP Member

I 100% reccomend the birdshead raptor grip. I also have a stocked Benelli, so I have both setups. I have a raptor grip on my Mossberg cruiser, and I love it!!!! Just practice with it, and you will hit whatever you point at... well I do anyways.. I have no issues pointing and shooting and hitting a 6" object from 15-20 feet. The beautiful thing is the difference between a pistol grip and this grip. It's very natural and when firing you get this natural swing action, that prevents to grip from slammning into the web of your hand, and also lacks recoil. Alos the tang safety is easily accesible with the grip. I like going to my moms property and leveling 1-2 ft ant hills with it! It also is easier to clear rooms with the shorter length. You will be very happy with this setup! Do it!!!

I have a TLR-1, GG&G mount, 3G 7 round card side saddle, Choate ext, and don't forget that breacher muzzle can shear grabby hands, and knock the stupid off of faces!

Last edited by aqualungs; 08-19-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:06 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamCaleb View Post
I understand that Joe but, I'm speaking for the OP's situation. I shoot s with no bead or sight on the shotgun.
Ghost rings are great for Slugging.. I have them on my Benelli Supernova. My mossy has a front bead, but I jsut shoot that one from the hip!