COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > The Dremel Room

Old 06-08-2016, 10:13 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
My bad... you're right. I got them on sale for $79 on a week end deal a couple months ago. Brings it up to 450-475. Again, watch the sales at PSA

And THEN.... you're going to want/need optics of some sort, iron at least....
I have a couple scopes and would add iron later . Thanks for you input .

Arley
RIA 1911 .45 - 2 FM 9s M90 & M95- DPMS AR 15 Lower with PSA Upper SS 16 " - Rossi " Gallery " Remi 34 - Cimarron " El Malo 357 SA & assorted others - Leather worker - "Sorcerer Leather Works - Knife maker "B.A.D. BLADES

Desperta Ferro
Old 06-09-2016, 08:20 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Of course, IF Hillary were to be elected, the short window between November 8th 2016 and Jan.20th 2017 ( I think that's inauguration day) should see a doubling or tripling of the value of any basic AR15. Tricked out versions won't see as large a increase, since accessories will still be available. Occurred in 2008, and definitely occurred in CT in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. Basic AR15's were selling for 1100+ before Gov. Malloy banned them from sale or transfer in CT. Remember the 1994 Assault weapons ban? Hillary will bring it back with a "no sunset" provision this time. She'll never get Australian ban in place, but... 1994? Its coming again....

Panic trumps supply and demand every time!

Just the personal thoughts and observations of a retired guy....
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 06-09-2016, 09:52 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
Of course, IF Hillary were to be elected, the short window between November 8th 2016 and Jan.20th 2017 ( I think that's inauguration day) should see a doubling or tripling of the value of any basic AR15. Tricked out versions won't see as large a increase, since accessories will still be available. Occurred in 2008, and definitely occurred in CT in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. Basic AR15's were selling for 1100+ before Gov. Malloy banned them from sale or transfer in CT. Remember the 1994 Assault weapons ban? Hillary will bring it back with a "no sunset" provision this time. She'll never get Australian ban in place, but... 1994? Its coming again....

Panic trumps supply and demand every time!

Just the personal thoughts and observations of a retired guy....
I think the greater concern goes way beyond HRC. It's all about what SCOTUS justices she nominates, and whether or not the Senate we elect confirms/denies them... We need to do two things, this election. Keep the Hildebeast out of office, and keep the Senate in the majority, if not increase the majority.
Old 06-10-2016, 03:09 PM
COTEP Member

Question Staked M4 Lock Nut

What does this mean ? Staked M4 Lock Nut . Not familiar with this from my DPMS I had .
RIA 1911 .45 - 2 FM 9s M90 & M95- DPMS AR 15 Lower with PSA Upper SS 16 " - Rossi " Gallery " Remi 34 - Cimarron " El Malo 357 SA & assorted others - Leather worker - "Sorcerer Leather Works - Knife maker "B.A.D. BLADES

Desperta Ferro
Old 06-10-2016, 03:39 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley View Post
What does this mean ? Staked M4 Lock Nut . Not familiar with this from my DPMS I had .
Probably the castle nut on the buffer retainer. Mil spec is to stake the retaining nut on the buffer so it won't rattle loose. If you are never going to replace the buffer retainer or the buffer then it won't hurt. None of mine are staked but I also only shoot at paper and am not running and gunning.
Old 06-10-2016, 04:49 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Probably the castle nut on the buffer retainer. Mil spec is to stake the retaining nut on the buffer so it won't rattle loose. If you are never going to replace the buffer retainer or the buffer then it won't hurt. None of mine are staked but I also only shoot at paper and am not running and gunning.
This^^^^

It's easy enough to stake your own if you wanted to, I usually don't.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:13 PM
COTEP Member

Default Lower ordered

Got a lower ordered today "Impact Guns " PSA total sold out today of Lowers and uppers . I'll check back with them for an upper later when some more $ comes .

Thanks for all your feedback and I will post progress later .

Arley

Desperta Ferro
Old 06-15-2016, 09:40 PM
COTEP Member

Looks like there are two PSA stripped lowers in stock that aren't specialty.

$69
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-b...ire-lower.html

$89
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...fire-1728.html

Not the best deal but reakly only $10-$20 higher than the cheapest sale they have run in the last year so actually a good price. In 6 months those prices may seem like a dream.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:19 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Looks like there are two PSA stripped lowers in stock that aren't specialty.

$69
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-b...ire-lower.html

$89
http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-a...fire-1728.html

Not the best deal but reakly only $10-$20 higher than the cheapest sale they have run in the last year so actually a good price. In 6 months those prices may seem like a dream.
Ya I saw those but I wanted a complete lower .

In 6 months those prices may seem like a dream.[/QUOTE]

That is the second reason I bought now . I don't know that it will be 6 months before the prices go crazy . A Ban is coming for sure I don't think it will be overturned this time at least in my life time .

I hope an upper will be available when I have the money saved up

Desperta Ferro
Old 06-16-2016, 01:46 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arley View Post
Ya I saw those but I wanted a complete lower .

In 6 months those prices may seem like a dream.
That is the second reason I bought now . I don't know that it will be 6 months before the prices go crazy . A Ban is coming for sure I don't think it will be overturned this time at least in my life time .

I hope an upper will be available when I have the money saved up [/QUOTE]

Keep us posted of your progress. I am sure there are enough parts here to build what you want when you are ready. I have some parts I am tweaking so let me know and I am sure we can work something out.