COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Old 01-17-2016, 10:11 AM
COTEP Member

Default Precision Rifle Shooting alive and well in South Florida

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...86604371523270
- Samuel Adams
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bttbbob For This Useful Post:
BlackKnight (01-17-2016), Caleb (01-17-2016), milkmanjoe (01-19-2016), sdmc530 (01-17-2016)
Old 01-17-2016, 10:14 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Rain or shine!
Old 01-19-2016, 10:54 AM
COTEP Member

Yup Rain or shine..

I have to give a shout and thank you for Kelly McMillan from McMillan International.
I have known the McMillan family for over 40 yrs. They were the lead sponsor at our first Long Range Precision Match and flew into town to participate. They supplied stocks for Marine, Army and foreign snipers for over 40 yrs. I met Gayle and Pat Mcmillan at Quantico when they were marketing their wares to the newly introduced Marine Corps Scout/Sniper School with Carlos Hathcock and Jim Land.
I have had the pleasure of meeting the son and nephew of these two great men, who carries on the shooting and stock building tradition. I have also met the grandson Jeff who runs production. I now know 3 generations of the McMillan family and am honored to call them friends.
Most do not know that the family is also a long line of excellent shooters. Here is Mac McMillan in the news from 1973. Shooting the smallest 100 yard grouping for a record that stood for over 40 yrs.
These are great men in the industry and deserve our support. If you ever build a custom rifle, use their stocks, they are the best and have a lifetime warranty.

Most know the name McMillan International for their stocks. I have known them as a sound partner in long range shooting and 2nd Amendment supporters. I have proudly known the family for a long time and am thrilled to be acquainted with them. What most don't know is that they were incredible gunsmiths and shooters in their own right. Here is a prime example.
http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/tag/mcmillan/
- Samuel Adams