COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Wheel Guns

Old 02-23-2019, 05:59 PM
COTEP Member

Default A Tale of Two .41 Magnums!

For a wheel gun I think some caliber beginning with a 4 is a good caliber.

When first introduced the .41 Magnum as called the .41 Police. It was developed to become a replacement for the .38 Special but it never took off as a police round.

I bought my S&W Model 58 4" barrel (fixed sight) in a gun show in MI about 11-12 years ago. Although not cheap I got a fair deal on it. It's nickel so I thought it was too "pretty" for frequent carry so I've been looking for a suitable blued model to carry. I have a set of Mustang grips on it; makes for a more comfortable shooter.

Last year at a local San Antonio Gun Shop I found a blue 4" Model 57 (adjustable sights) that for its condition I once again, didn't steal it, but paid a fair price. This revolver has been to MagnaPort in Mt. Clemons to have its barrel ported. This Model 57 comes with the three "T"s of S&W; Target Hammer, Target Trigger, and Target Grips.

S&W Model 58; knives by Jerry Hossom (Bird and Trout) and Carroll Shoemaker (scrimshawed Patch Knife)

S&W Model 57
Guns, knives, beautiful women...life is good today!
Old 02-23-2019, 07:58 PM
COTEP Member

I have that 57 in the safe right now. As a request from my grandfather I made up a batch of .41 Special with Starline headstamp brass. A nice 900 FPS or so. The full house loads are cringe worthy! Also have the .41 Mag Ruger and a .41 Mag Marlin lever action.