COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 09-29-2020, 10:29 AM
COTEP Member

Well, between what you all have said, and the consensus on youtube, I've decided to pull the trigger on a P365.

I'll be heading on down to the Marince Corps Exchange this afternoon to see it they have one or will order one for me. They have a deal that matches any price they can see, and these things are advertised at $499 lots of places, so I guess that's what I'll end up paying. I'll also order 2x12 round mags to go with.

I bought a holster for it last night and should see it later this week from Concealment Express.

It turns out there are lots of aftermarket doodads to hang off these things, including a 15 round mag that I will pass on. Too long. Also a flat trigger, lights, sights, and all sorts of stuff. For now, just the pistol, holster, and 12 round mags for me.

Thanks for your comments and advice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandallZ View Post
I have a P365, bought about two years ago--on sale plus military discount took the sting out of the price. Great gun, terrific ergonomics. BTW, its either 10+1 or 12+1...not 13+1.

Randall
If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 09-29-2020, 06:00 PM
COTEP Member

Default New Sig P365

The MCX had them in stock at $499, but I opted for the Tac Pack at $529.

Tac Pack has 2x10 rd mags, 1x12 rd mag, Sig Kydex OWB/IWB holster.

The last round in the 12 rd mag is very tight. My poor arthritic hands couldn't manage it, so I used the Uplula.

It's going to feel real strange carrying a weapon in condition 1 without a safety, but I'm informed that is the way to carry these things.

So far very impressed!

Tomorrow is range day.

If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
-- Samuel Adams
COTEP CBOB0676
KO4ENQ
Old 09-29-2020, 08:08 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

congrats...can't wait for the range report!
Old 09-30-2020, 09:45 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post
The last round in the 12 rd mag is very tight. My poor arthritic hands couldn't manage it, so I used the Uplula.
I had to pick up a Glock loading assist thing from my LGS. Works great.

I predict you will be happy with how it shoots. It's amazing, to me, how well they engineered this pistol.

Randall
Old 09-30-2020, 09:47 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boats View Post
The MCX had them in stock at $499, but I opted for the Tac Pack at $529.

Tac Pack has 2x10 rd mags, 1x12 rd mag, Sig Kydex OWB/IWB holster.

It's going to feel real strange carrying a weapon in condition 1 without a safety, but I'm informed that is the way to carry these things.

So far very impressed!

Tomorrow is range day.

Shouldn't feel too strange. Revolvers have no safety, and they've been around a long long time. I wish I had seen this post a day ago, I have the sig 365, and yes, it is small and compact, but its trigger hurts my hand after a dozen or so rounds. IMHO, it definitely is not a "range gun". If you can get a few hundred rounds through it, you can consider it a reliable carry gun. Good luck and congratulations on the purchase!!
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 09-30-2020, 10:27 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Congratulations on the new pistol! May it serve you well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk