COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > RIA

Old 05-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default 22 TCM Question

Ok, this shooter has might made my list. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a purchase. But I need the stars to align just right.

I need to confirm or dispel dimensional standardization for the "wide style" magazines. That is: if I can stuff a Hi cap 45 mag into this frame, I'm sold.

By way of explanation, and to prove I'm not stupid - just a little crazy ... I'm shopping for an ideal frame to mate with a Mech Tech Carbine Conversion Rig in 460 Rowland. http://mechtechsys.com

I'm nurturturing a desire to have a range toy firing 9mm and a real curiosity about the 22 TCM potential. This matched with a significantly higher capacity for the CCU will be a lock.

Are the wide body frames standardized to receive generic sized wide body mags? My alternative will be a 9mm Tactical, but I' sure like to expand my options as much as possible.

Thanks.
COTEP #624
The Following User Says Thank You to Dred For This Useful Post:
NAMVET72 (02-10-2015)
Old 05-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dred View Post
Ok, this shooter has might made my list. I'm ready to pull the trigger on a purchase. But I need the stars to align just right.

I need to confirm or dispel dimensional standardization for the "wide style" magazines. That is: if I can stuff a Hi cap 45 mag into this frame, I'm sold.

By way of explanation, and to prove I'm not stupid - just a little crazy ... I'm shopping for an ideal frame to mate with a Mech Tech Carbine Conversion Rig in 460 Rowland. http://mechtechsys.com

I'm nurturturing a desire to have a range toy firing 9mm and a real curiosity about the 22 TCM potential. This matched with a significantly higher capacity for the CCU will be a lock.

Are the wide body frames standardized to receive generic sized wide body mags? My alternative will be a 9mm Tactical, but I' sure like to expand my options as much as possible.

Thanks.
Oh man,

I wish we were closer, then you could try mine. I don't like the hi caps and would trade mine (receiver) for a standard 1911... however, I placed my 9mm bbl in my ria .38 super slide and I'm a happy camper.

My TCM however I need a only higher front sight and a local ammo outlet and my world would be perfect.

It appears that (visual only) the TCM bbl has it's own ramp therefore making the receiver a common receiver that will interchange with .45/9mm/.38 super but I have no hi cap .45 mags.

do any of this help or have I confused you as much as I have meself?

Who said that? I said that. Slim
Old 05-04-2012, 07:14 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thank you. That helps. I'll make a phone call to Armel to confirm.

Under different circumstances, I'd avoud the Hi Cap, but for the CCU ... well maybe. I'll pull a trigger today.

Thanks.
COTEP #624
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Thank you. That helps. I'll make a phone call to Armel to confirm.

Under different circumstances, I'd avoud the Hi Cap, but for the CCU ... well maybe. I'll pull a trigger today.

Thanks.

The TCM makes (in paper) a small hole but wif a BIG boom. You'll like it I'm sure. Good shootin'.
Old 05-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

And, so it has begun.

I called RIA this afternoon, confirmed (with a hint of concern) that the 45 A2 Mag is a dimensional fit in the TCM Frame. Stopped by the LGS on my way home, but they were unable to source a TCM for me.

So, now, several hours later I've closed on #254 from a Gunbroker seller. Along the way I found a local (or local enough anyway) source for the 22 TCM BBs.

It will be a few months readying to buy the CCU - probably.

It's a long way from the Guardian 9 I was shopping to offer my wife, but I figure I wanted it for myself anyway, so ...

Now I'm bucking for my own personal quest to collect more options than anyone reasonably needs. VBob with 22 slide conversion, now 9mm & 22 TCM leading up to a possible 460 Rowland Carbine. I gotta admit that I'm already contemplating 22TCM through a 16" carbine barrel - I inow they're working on a 22 LR, and they already offer a 9mm, so I wonder how they'd receive the idea.
COTEP #624
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Wow Dred you mind is always working LOL

We have a great life here in [Texas], and we're never going back to America again – Homer Simpson
Texans and Guns The All Mighty JMB
Old 05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

K ... so: Not the greatest pic, but my FFL can't release my 22 TCM till tomorrow, so it's the best I can do. This'n is mine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336692115.238715.jpg
COTEP #624
Old 05-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
K ... so: Not the greatest pic, but my FFL can't release my 22 TCM till tomorrow, so it's the best I can do. This'n is mine.

Attachment 247
Very cool

So have you purchased some ammo?

We have a great life here in [Texas], and we're never going back to America again – Homer Simpson
Texans and Guns The All Mighty JMB
Old 05-10-2012, 10:57 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

50 rds 22 TCM with the purchase, but it is being sent to me directly and hasn't arrived. But I have found a local enough source in Brenham, so if they are wrong about the weather tomorrow I may go for ice cream and ammo.

For 9mm ... that's how I'll pay for the transfer tomorrow. My FFL charges $85 for transfers, but spending $85 covers the fee. I checked 9mm prices there and 50 rounds goes between $10 and $14, so I'll have plenty to play with.

Also waiting on 2 9mm mags, 2 45 mags and a set of Hogue Wraparounds. Guess the wife is gonna start asking questions about all the UPS activity, but I have told her about the TCM, so ...
COTEP #624
Old 05-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Congrats on the new RIA TCM22 Dred!!!

Man, $85.00 for a transfer, my guy charges a flat $15.00 fee!!!

COTEP # CBOB0152