COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > COTEP Craftsmen > Rock's Room

Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Rock's IWB review.

Hey everyone.

Talked with John for a bit, made an order for my own lil leather IWB holster for my Guardian, and figured I'd make a lil vid about it to help showcase his gear and my thoughts. It is very informal, and since it is my first IWB holster, I'm sure I may have overlooked a few things that are staples when searching for your own holster. Anyhow. Enjoy!

Playlist format : http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL774C72AD381B69B9

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part4 - Follow-up after some breakin

Tried to embed, but looks like its not happening on this version

Last edited by torinalth; 08-08-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:41 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 1,478 Times in 295 Posts

Great Videos and Great Advertisement for John........

Thanks,

Old 08-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

thanks, John liked them, so I decided to make them public.

just glad I can help
Old 08-06-2011, 10:07 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Good deal!!

COTEP # CBOB0152
Old 08-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Hey great video review! I'm going to offer some unsolicited advice that is worth exactly what you paid for it.......zero.

Your belt looks like it may not be tight enough, may be too big for you. I don't think the tab end of that style of belt is supposed to wrap all the way around to your hip bone. In your last video it looks like the weight of the pistol and holster are pulling your pants down a little and when you draw your pistol, your pants are being pulled up due to the retention of the holster.

I think that if you had a tighter belt, the gap between your body and the holster would go away and your holster would be rock solid when you draw your pistol.

I could be wrong and you might prefer it like it is.

Again, great video. John is a good guy and makes quality products. Glad your're happy with your new holster.

Take care,
Terry

Government name- Terry
Old 08-07-2011, 11:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

all input is welcomed.... being my first IWB, I'm still trying to figure out WTF I am needing to do to make it work properly while still being comfortable. so, yes, ALL thoughts are welcomed.

regarding the belt length... it is for the 32-34, which is about what I am. the next size lower is 28-30, but then again I might need to get a different style belt all together. Part of it goes between previous style and current need versus body design.

I'm very thin... no fat, gut, and only marginal ass.... this has been making it problematic to get the rig right. if I have it too high up I cant draw because it angles into my rib cage (bottom is resting against the pelvis). lower, and I get what you described, where its settled and wil not go lower, but pants do come up when I draw (though I'm sure part of it is due to the rigidity of the holster)

I can try a different belt, but I think its going to be the same result. as far as the distance, it is only about 1/2 way on the velcro second retention.....

I dunno. any other thoughts are welcome. I wore it out to IHOP this morning, and seemed to work well, but yes, it still comes up when drawn.

DW Guardian 9mm, Springfield EMP 9mm, Beretta 1935 32ACP, *next is a sig P556*
Old 08-08-2011, 05:03 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

4th follow-up video, after the breakin. ironically it is able to embed this one....

DW Guardian 9mm, Springfield EMP 9mm, Beretta 1935 32ACP, *next is a sig P556*