COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Optics

Old 06-05-2015, 10:04 AM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Hey Bob, I have a question. I received my Mueller yesterday. Something seems off tho. The elevation turret cap reads "Left and Right" instead of "Up and Down". Also, the adjustments only go to 7moa per revolution and the numbers are sideways but, I can get 70 moa adjustments full range. It seems to me that this cap might be for the windage of another scope. The Windage cap on this one has "L and R" with 14moa per revolution. Am I making any sense here?

My question is...... Are your Muellers the same as what I'm describing?

PS: According to the Mueller website and Optics Planet (where this scope came from) the turret cap is different. I can't speak to Mueller directly today as they are not open on Fridays.

Thanks for your input.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:29 PM
COTEP Member

I am not where I can look at mine right now. So I can't tell you what my turrents have. But I do know On my windage turrent there are two 7's..Never really bothered me so I don't mess with it. Not sure what the elevation says, but I think it is U and D arrows. Not sure. But listen, Mueller will take care of it, no questions asked. If it is not right. It may have had the turrent replaced but full turns should be 14 MOA. And I know my turrent numbers are straight so I can see them.......Rich who is the owner and service mgr is great to deal with, call him Monday and see what he says. Every review I heard of them, it was handled within days if there was a problem. I called him on a mounting issue and he was very responsive and it was handled immediately.

Oh and another thing, are you sure it doesn't have a R or U arrow instead of U and D on the elevation. And L or D on one of them? Sometimes I see those on turrents.
- Samuel Adams

Last edited by bttbbob; 06-05-2015 at 12:36 PM.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:34 PM
COTEP Member

Oh and I am surprised that Optics Planet didn't ahve a better answer for you...........Seems weird, they normally are very responsive.
- Samuel Adams
Old 06-05-2015, 01:58 PM
COTEP Member

I'll take a picture tonight and post it on here. The elevation turret has 1/4 minute hash marks with the moa markings (numbers) sideways (which would be correct for the windage. Also, on the top it's marked "L" and "R" with opposing arrows.

Optics Planet said I would have to return it through Amazon even tho they are the seller...?.... Apparently, the items they sell on there are their old stock and not in the regular inventory.

I will call Mueller Monday and see what they say. Or, I'll just return it to Amazon
Old 06-05-2015, 02:14 PM
COTEP Member

I bet Rich at Mueller will have you mail it to him direct.
- Samuel Adams
Old 06-05-2015, 05:05 PM
COTEP Member

I don't have a dog in this hunt and I'm unfamiliar with Mueller and, having only one scope, optics in general. That said, is it common to have to rely so heavily on the warranty when buying scopes? Good on them for standing behind their products but the sense I'm getting is a lot of folks need warranty work from them.
Old 06-05-2015, 09:47 PM
COTEP Member

Old 06-05-2015, 09:50 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Me thinks they installed the wrong turret on top.

Professionals talk about tactics and concepts while amateurs talk about gear and equipment.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:16 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,477 Times in 714 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackKnight View Post
Me thinks they installed the wrong turret on top.
Tropical Minion speaks the truth. Or they know how ****ed up you are, and figgered it didn't matter
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 06-06-2015, 12:27 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverpigusmc View Post
Tropical Minion speaks the truth. Or they know how ****ed up you are, and figgered it didn't matter
I know which way is up and down, can adjust by clicks. But, that will be a pain in the butt after 300yds. 300 = 20 clicks up.

The fact is, it's not correct for whatever price point the scope is. It will be going back Monday. First I'll speak with Mueller, maybe they can just send me the correct turret. I'll update this thread next week sometime.