COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Old 09-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
Looking at doing this one for Android, because it is more "range friendly". The Android APK libraries are open source (free). Haven't found free libraries or a compiler for IOS yet.
Been through this already. I had an Android app I wanted to port to IOS. If you want to develop for IOS, Apple isn't satisfied with just a pound of flesh, they demand your first born too. The development tools ONLY run in OSX.

I refuse to be strongarmed like that.

Android, on the other hand...

You can even get Android development platforms that run on Android (I developed a commercial app using AIDE on an Android tablet). There are any number of FREE Android development environments for Windows, OSX, and Linux - Eclipse being the most popular.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell

Last edited by DrHenley; 09-28-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-28-2016, 07:04 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

XCode is free and, yes, it runs on Macs. I primarily used my MacBook Pro anymore.

COTEP #719

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one." - Thomas Jefferson quoting Cesare Beccaria
Old 09-28-2016, 09:52 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFJuvat View Post
Looking at doing this one for Android, because it is more "range friendly". The Android APK libraries are open source (free). Haven't found free libraries or a compiler for IOS yet.

You could use Php and do it as a webpage then both platforms could use it.