COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > 1911 Style Pistols > Dan Wesson

Old 02-19-2017, 09:45 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

I like Bud's Gunshop, especially the one in Sevierville TN. The brick and mortar store is different than the online store... just so you know. Pricing and availability will also be different.

The price on the Heritage is great. The problem I've had with the online group is that when I've called on a great price gun, they don't ever seem to have them in stock. Second thing to look for is "Is this gun a blemish model." If it is, Dan Wesson stamps an upside down Y in the serial number. I wish they wouldn't sell blems... but they do. Would the gun be functional? Absolutely. In many cases you won't even find a blem on the gun, but it is there. Maybe 20 point checkering instead of 25, or a slight ghosting on the slide... but.... maybe not.

Just my two cents for those who might not know DW's or Buds Gunshop too well.

Da
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:57 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
.... Second thing to look for is "Is this gun a blemish model." If it is, Dan Wesson stamps an upside down Y in the serial number. I wish they wouldn't sell blems... but they do ....
That was my first thought as well.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.