COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 02-18-2020, 11:13 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Gotta love those limited edition roll marks they are doing! Is that the Eagle one?
Yes. It's labeled the Freedom-15. I picked it up during last year's Memorial Day sale.
Old 02-18-2020, 05:16 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,478 Times in 715 Posts

Looks good Andy
S&W J-Frame .38
ect
" I don't own the clothes I'm wearin', and the road goes on forever "

There's a gator in the bushes, and it's calling my name...
COTEP #523
Old 02-20-2020, 03:59 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
On the price, I forgot to add the cost of the Sylvan folding mount. That adds $180 to the cost. So if you’re trying to go under $500, skip that mount.
I'd be interested in your thoughts/feedback on the folding mount as well.
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 02-20-2020, 09:21 PM
COTEP Member

I took it to the range tonight to do a basic function test. Since this was my first time to build a gun, I was a little nervous.

The magazine caught fine and the first round loaded without any issues. First round fired fine but the second round loaded but didn’t reset the bolt I guess. I manually cycled it and it fired fine. Then I had another click and no bang. Again manually cycled it and it worked fine. After that, there were no issues.

I’m not sure why but once it got going it was fine. I ran a little over 100 rounds without any issues.

As mentioned, it’s loud and breathes fire. I didn’t worry about zeroing this time, so I’ll be going back to zero the sights now that the few hundred rounds fired without issue after the first issue.

The folding stock is fine. It’s a little stiff, so it didn’t want to latch and when it’s latched, it doesn’t want to release. But folded, it fits nicely in a backpack.
Old 02-20-2020, 10:04 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
I took it to the range tonight to do a basic function test. Since this was my first time to build a gun, I was a little nervous.

The magazine caught fine and the first round loaded without any issues. First round fired fine but the second round loaded but didn’t reset the bolt I guess. I manually cycled it and it fired fine. Then I had another click and no bang. Again manually cycled it and it worked fine. After that, there were no issues.

I’m not sure why but once it got going it was fine. I ran a little over 100 rounds without any issues.

As mentioned, it’s loud and breathes fire. I didn’t worry about zeroing this time, so I’ll be going back to zero the sights now that the few hundred rounds fired without issue after the first issue.

The folding stock is fine. It’s a little stiff, so it didn’t want to latch and when it’s latched, it doesn’t want to release. But folded, it fits nicely in a backpack.
Are there light primer strikes? Check the hammer spring. I installed one backwards that resulted in light strikes.
Old 02-21-2020, 09:10 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorade View Post
Are there light primer strikes? Check the hammer spring. I installed one backwards that resulted in light strikes.

There were no strikes at all. It looks like the bolt didn’t fall back into the battery. I think it didn’t have enough lube o. It and after I cycled the bolt a few times it was fine.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:30 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts
Default AR Pistol Build

Quote:
There were no strikes at all. It looks like the bolt didn’t fall back into the battery. I think it didn’t have enough lube o. It and after I cycled the bolt a few times it was fine.

It’s possible but, you might of had a burr in the buffer tube that worked it’s way smooth after a couple of cycles. Either that or your buffer is too stiff. What brand buffer tube are you running?
Do you know if the inside of the tube is smooth or if it has machining marks? Those marks cause a lot of drag on the spring and buffer.

Remember, you have a short barrel so a lot of that gas is escaping out the front (hence muzzle flash). This plus the pistol length gas port don’t really push the bolt back with much force. You might have to get a lighter buffer spring.

Since you said you didn’t have any more malfunctions after those couple of ones, I’d say you will be fine and just shoot the crap out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-27-2020, 05:16 PM
COTEP Member

I didn’t take pictures, but I took it to the range this morning to zero the red dot sight at 25 yards this morning.

No malfunctions at all. Very smooth. Got it sighted in and ready to go. Nice little in-house AR pistol.
Old 06-27-2020, 08:08 PM
COTEP Member

That’s great Andy!

I really like that folding stock setup. I just saw the part advertised in the last couple of weeks.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.

Last edited by Rick McC.; 06-28-2020 at 11:37 AM.
Old 06-27-2020, 09:36 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

That’s good to read Andy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk