COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Long Guns

Old 06-27-2020, 11:45 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
...... No malfunctions at all. Very smooth. Got it sighted in and ready to go. Nice little in-house AR pistol.
Good news indeed !
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:17 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Default Well Damn!!!

Nice Build Andy!

She's a LOUD puppy,huh.

Odd thing happened yesterday. The last of my project parts showed up. Been waiting 2 and a half months, but like some, I don't get on here and whine like pissy lil'skool girls about stuff not showing up fast enough. Yes we know who you are.

So after chores it was down to the play room...

I too have been intrigued by AR pistol game. Before I get totally out in the woods I decided to do my 1st. build on a more beaten path. So I stuck with the 5.56 platform. My lower is a freebie given to me for doing some work for a buddy. I got a deal on a PWS MK111 upper. 11.5 inches with flash hider. the long pole in the order tent was the Velocity 3lb straight line trigger with no takeup.
Not overly impressed with the lower had undo the build to or 3 times for fitment issues. But I got it done this afternoon, slapped a old reflex on it and headed out to the back yard.

COTEP 439
Old 06-28-2020, 12:22 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Would that be a reference to me by chance? I love it when people think of me
Old 06-28-2020, 12:55 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Sorry that last pict looks a little busy after I posted it.

I stopped by the barn to warn the boss of my intent and let her look at my new toy... she wasn't overly impressed. Oh well to each his own, so I walked down to the creek bank and picked a spot around 15 yards out. I stole the reflex off another AR that I don't shoot much anymore so I picked a wide spot. I squeezed off the 1st. round...
HOLY SHIT BATMAN!!! That'll get yer attention even with muffs on! surprisingly it impacted about an 1" under the dot @ 15yds.
Test 2, relax the buttstock squeeze the trigger and relax the finger just a titch and just like that 1 and 3!!! Totally cool!! did it twice just to make sure it wasn't a fluke, halfway into the mag and it starts raining pea gravel on me. I turned around to see the boss giving me the cut throat sign, guess there will be a can in the future for this thing. But let tell you this thing is a ton-O-fun, almost no recoil and you can move the red dot to the end of the barrel to keep your sight profile and the gun is freekin zippy quick. So much fun i ordered parts for the next project this afternoon... AR45 in 10"

COTEP 439
Old 06-28-2020, 07:58 AM
COTEP Member

It is loud. Maybe time to go the suppressor route. I keep a set of custom ears in the bedside stand but having a suppressor would be helpful.

Nice build.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:59 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick McC. View Post
That great Andy!

I really like that folding stock setup. I just saw the part advertised in the last couple of weeks.

The cool thing is that it fits in a backpack.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:59 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmc530 View Post
Would that be a reference to me by chance? I love it when people think of me
Yes we love you. Now boy shouldn't you be off pedaling somewhere?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgehill View Post
The cool thing is that it fits in a backpack.
Very interesting contraption, I will be looking into it. Right now I think the can is a must. I've got a couple of books on the subject, going to do some reading on it. At least change the hider style to push the blast more forward.
I went with the primary weapons systems upper because it's a direct link piston setup similar to the AK design. Very clean, slick action, I like it more than my Ruger SR. Though the real find was the Velocity trigger, the straight blade no takeup thing is amazing. At 3lbs. It's the closest thing to a 1911 glass break style in an AR that I've seen and it's drop in! Sure hope it stays that way. It had a lot of rave reviews, not a bad price @ $150 but the little bugger is never in stock.

COTEP 439
Old 06-28-2020, 11:42 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Are you putting on both kinds of sights? I only see a tech sight are iron backups installed? (Sorry if you covered this and i missed it)
Old 06-28-2020, 01:36 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,137 Times in 254 Posts

Looks good! Pistol ARs are fun as hell and like you said, quick acquisition from target to target.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-28-2020, 08:14 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I will at some point. This was my venture in to whether or not I wanted to play. The RD was just a handy leftover to test with. As this thing is for close quarters (a C note or less) I will probably look for something offset in a big loop or Buckhorn style for easy ACQ.

The 45 is where I really want to go. My BIL's 9mm PCC has sealed the deal on pistol cal AR's.

COTEP 439