COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > Pulling The Trigger

Old 08-12-2014, 04:03 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Rifle training was at an early age - father, Boy Scout Camp, YMCA camp, etc.
I muddled through on my own with a pistol until a few years ago when a friend who was a civilian contractor marksmanship trainer for the Army got me on the right path.
I never really considered myself proficient until I began IDPA, and that really forced me to practice hard and take my proficiency up a few notches. I was really nervous the first year of IDPA, but eventually got to the point where things like operating the safety, aiming, reloading, controlling my muzzle, clearing jams, etc. became automatic.

"That rifle hanging on the wall of the working class flat or laborer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
- George Orwell
Old 08-12-2014, 05:25 PM
COTEP Member

Marines; [ Swat, swat team leader, counter sniper at HK, Va. ]; SIONICS [ studies in organized negation of insurgency and counter subversion ]- this from former OSS operative Mitch WerBell 111 and his cadre; CAR [ Center Axis Relock basics from master CAR leo], ComTech [ 9 of James Keatings Riddle of Steel events ]; Mike Janich blade training.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

"The mind is the limiting factor"
Old 08-12-2014, 05:31 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Marines; [ Swat, swat team leader, counter sniper at HK, Va. ]; SIONICS [ studies in organized negation of insurgency and counter subversion ]- this from former OSS operative Mitch WerBell 111 and his cadre; CAR [ Center Axis Relock basics from master CAR leo], ComTech [ 9 of James Keatings Riddle of Steel events ]; Mike Janich blade training.
I don't have Brownie's specialized training but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express
Old 08-12-2014, 05:32 PM
COTEP Member

Put quite a few thousand down range with Brownie too....Quick Kill Pistol....many techniques he teaches......Every time I go to my SC house I start with accuracy drills from bttbob and go to Quick Kill Pistol.....hours on end.

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-01-2015, 12:17 PM
COTEP Member

I've trained with Terry Hall extensively, Brownie (Robin Brown, master pistolero), & Bob Harvey from Boca Raton. If course I've done my own share of technique explorations, developing methods that work for me and give me an edge out on the streets.

I will forever remain a student of the pistola and will continue to regularly seek knowledge and training from those more knowledgeable than me.

Mind is the limiting factor... where have I heard this before???? Mmmm...
Old 01-01-2015, 08:39 PM
COTEP Member

Appreciate the thoughts pitor,

Thanks Joe, hope all is well in SC

Old 01-01-2015, 08:40 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GD2A View Post
I don't have Brownie's specialized training but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express
Where do you think I got my training?

Old 01-01-2015, 08:56 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownie View Post
Where do you think I got my training?

"The most basic right that we have emanates from our Creator and it is that unalienable right to life. We stand firmly on the principle that from conception until the last breath is drawn, life is sacred.”

Political Correctness is a doctrine, recently fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and promoted by a sick mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of shit by the clean end!
Old 01-05-2015, 02:29 PM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milkmanjoe View Post
Put quite a few thousand down range with Brownie too....Quick Kill Pistol....many techniques he teaches......Every time I go to my SC house I start with accuracy drills from bttbob and go to Quick Kill Pistol.....hours on end.
Military a long time ago and like joe, most recently with brownie for the many skills he teaches in QK rifle, shotgun, and pistol. Excellent training, that!

Hope to train more with him this year, and also with bttbob and the guys at Okeechobee, too, particularly after the move back to SoFLA.

Member: Florida Carry, COTEP 766, SAF, NRA-Life Member
FFL 03, NRA CRSO & CI: P-R-S-PPITH
Former USAF NCO 1980-1984, DoD 1987-2022 (now retired)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
-- Circa 1938, author unknown

"It ain't dying I'm talking about, it's living."
-- Gus McCrae

"The ultimate result of shielding men from folly is to fill the world with fools."
-- H. Spencer