COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Main Category > COTEP Craftsmen > Brown's Custom Grips

Old 11-04-2020, 09:02 AM
COTEP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
...... We moved to a new house ......
Best wishes to you and the family at your new home, enjoy !!
COTEP #762

A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.

And shepherds we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.
So we shall flow a river forth to Thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.
Old 11-11-2020, 09:44 PM
COTEP Member

Thanked 1,229 Times in 288 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympus View Post
Hey, I apologize. I could have sworn that I posted here but maybe I forgot. I have recently decided to close the shop and will no longer be making grips. We moved to a new house and that was the perfect timing to close the doors on the grip business also. I had lost the passion for it a long time ago and it had become a job that I dreaded. I was tired of answer some seriously dumb emails (grips for Glock, XDs, M&Ps, etc). I had lost patience for ignorance and it seemed like moving was the thing that helped make that difficult decision easier. I have taken down the website and also my Facebook page. I still hope to be around to see what’s going on here and other forums though.

As for , he went out of business a pretty good while back. I hated to see it because he was the only grip maker that I would refer people to.

Adam,

Really sorry to hear that you closed down your business! I certainly get how you feel though. I’m still making grips but I’m just making what I feel/want to make and then posting them for sale on some of the forums. Any other way I tried to do it just killed all the joy of it for me. more than likely I’m probably going to slow down even more than I have and try to focus on bladesmithing or something else that still feels fresh.

I hope that with time you will come back to making in one form or another. your work is top notch and early on it drove me to do everything I could to get better as a maker. either way I wish you well and hope you stick around.

Old 11-11-2020, 09:53 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanked 2,787 Times in 730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar grips. View Post
Adam,

Really sorry to hear that you closed down your business! I certainly get how you feel though. I’m still making grips but I’m just making what I feel/want to make and then posting them for sale on some of the forums. Any other way I tried to do it just killed all the joy of it for me. more than likely I’m probably going to slow down even more than I have and try to focus on bladesmithing or something else that still feels fresh.

I hope that with time you will come back to making in one form or another. your work is top notch and early on it drove me to do everything I could to get better as a maker. either way I wish you well and hope you stick around.

wait wait wait...your doing knives? Please post a few y! Maybe a small fixed blade hunting type knife. I am going to need one for Kaden someday and would love his first hunting knife to be custom...…...I have a couple of years before he can hunt but if you really get into blades keep me posted!
Old 11-12-2020, 10:33 AM
COTEP Member

Wow!

First Ryan Payne (Sarge) and now you.

I’m going to miss seeing y’alls great work, but I certainly understand how it is to get burned out on something. All the best in whatever you decide to do!

Hopefully will continue making his stocks from time to time.

Rick

IDPA/NRA Certified Safety Officer/Range S.O.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:59 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanks fellas. It’s like anything, after a while you tend to get burned out. Especially when it’s not your full time job.

Glad to see that is still around though!

Class 07 FFL and Dan Wesson Dealer