COTEP.org  

Go Back   COTEP.org > Firearms > Other Semiauto Pistols

Old 02-28-2012, 09:01 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

to be honest,

I have not looked. that is how upset i was over the issue. I will not pick up another one to piss on it.

That being said, you have at least 5-6 other guns under that price point right now that will have companies with better reps.

If you have not looked. the Kimber solo is very appealing.

rugers 9mm, taurus, dw gaurdian, springfield emp, walther, keltec,smith 642 revolver, Hell I would take my cz 82 over the any khar any day. holds 13, has a 5lb da/sa trigger, safetey and makes a 50c piece group at 15yds. top it off that it eats steal cased ammo for breakfast lunch and dinner.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:48 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Yeah ... I've looked at some of the guns you've mentioned and there are some possibilties in that list. Kahr just seemed to have one of the smaller 9's.

I do not have a tall or large frame, sit most of the day, and need a more concealable/more comfortable EDC for summer other than my large bore choices. I hesitate to go smaller than 9mm but some of the .380 options suit my concealment needs quite well.

I would welcome any other considerations you might have ...

COTEP#CBOB0588
DWCCO#612
... and many more fun toys !
Old 03-01-2012, 05:26 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Rohrbaugh 9mm are the smallest I know of but are very pricey..I have shot the 9 and .380 and liked them but I'll take my PPS-9 in a Crossbreed IWB when it's not my CBOB.. I've become a real fan of PPS especially after looking farther into some of the 9mm ammo available today..

COTEP #236
Old 03-01-2012, 05:49 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Dirtypipes...
are you set on double action? Or would you consider single action IWB for concealment? I can hide my Colt Mustang Plus II (380) very easily in a IWB carry. My best friend swears by his SIG P238. I have carried the Mustang in pocket inside a Nemesis type holster with no printing either. Most people don't like cocked and locked in their pocket though. I understand their angst.

Of the DAO's you mentioned, my best friend owns a Kahr 9. Small, difficult to shoot, the mags fell out of the gun while he was firing it!! If I remember, the extractor also broke. In short... he hates it. Its now his first 'Safe Queen."

I've fired another friend's Ruger LCP. Would hurt my hand if I shot 100 rounds through it, but handled well for a short range "get off me" firearm.

All this said, If you can... stay with an IWB holster and consider a slightly larger weapon. Grouse's suggestion of the Kimber Solo in DAO (2.7" barrel) or the Springer EMP (3") in SA might be more gun, more reliable, and more fun.

My daily carry is a DW CCO in a IWB holster under a sweater vest. In summer, I wear a tuckable holster, or shirts outside the pants. Haven't been printed yet.

Just my 2 cents,
Da
SA Micro Compact
and a spectacular cast of others!

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Anonymously, penned on a sign at a command post at Khe Sanh, RVN.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:51 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

what about the new ECO from DW? better than EMP!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:07 AM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

+1 on the ECO, although I haven't shot one. Its undoubtedly built "right". Its really a matter of size, concealability on Dirtypipe, does he want single or DAO, and does he really want it in his pocket? the ECO and Springer are not fitting in my hip pocket, no matter how hard I try! lol
Dafadda
SA Micro Compact

"You have never lived, until you have almost died. And for those who fight for it, life has a flavor that the protected will never know." Guy de Maupassant, 1893.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:54 AM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

I've been using a Sig P238 for the last year or so, and have been very impressed with it. I would rather it be a 9mm, but as already mentioned, Sig is taking care of that with their P938. I have no problem with cocked and locked in a pocket, as long as it's in a proper holster. I currently use an RBKA and Desantis Nemesis.

If the P938 feels and shoots like my P238 (with .380 auto +P handloads), I'll be picking one up for sure. I paid under $500 out the door for my P238, so I hope to be able to do nearly as well for the 9mm version.

Old 03-01-2012, 02:17 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

Sig now has three 9mm subcompacts, P938, P224 and P290.

In hoc signo vinces

If you can list them, you ain't got enough!!!

Life Member NRA, SCI, ATA, NSCA
COTEP 414
Old 03-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Founding Member
COTEP Member

Thanks to all of you for your opinions/advice.

I do own the CCO and LOVE IT ! but I should clarify that I was looking for the most concealable pocket nine(possibly .380), which some of you suggested. I do not mind SA cocked and locked in a pocket with the proper holster.

I will do some research on the above suggestions. I'm familiar with most of them but without actually having the opportunity to fire them.

Thanks again !

Matt

COTEP#CBOB0588
DWCCO#612
... and many more fun toys !
Old 03-01-2012, 05:45 PM
Founding Member
Super Moderator

where do you live DirtyPipes? Maybe theres a COTEPer in your neck of the woods with samples of what you're looking for?
SA Micro Compact