PDA

View Full Version : Papa John's Pizza stands by employee who shot armed robber

Xbonz
01-15-2015, 05:49 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/01/15/papa-john-pizza-stands-by-employee-who-shot-armed-robber-in-self-defense/

Papa John's Pizza is standing by a pizza delivery woman who opened fire Sunday on an armed robber in an act of self defense.

The pizza franchise told FoxNews.com Thursday the employee, who hasn't been named, will not be fired from the company.

The employee was making a delivery in Decatur, Ga., Sunday night when a man approached her vehicle, forcing her onto the ground at gunpoint, according to the DeKalb County Police Department. The woman, who had a gun in her pocket, was able to fire at the man while on the ground -- striking the alleged assailant, identified as 24-year-old Donquaz St evenson, in the face.

Gatorade
01-15-2015, 05:53 PM
Tomorrow night is pizza night. Better call Papa!

skosh69
01-15-2015, 06:55 PM
Good for PJ's, but their pizza is barely a step above Lil' Ceaser's.

RKP
01-15-2015, 08:02 PM
Good deal ! http://www.cotep.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

Caleb
01-15-2015, 08:45 PM
Good. Now he can be called pizza face or even better, lead face.

zukinut
01-15-2015, 09:03 PM
Yup J's for pizza night tomorrow nanner

dwsmithjr
01-16-2015, 09:55 AM
Their official company policy is no firearms on the job. So, yeah, good they didn't fire her, but their policy is anti-gun.

Caleb
01-16-2015, 11:15 AM
Their official company policy is no firearms on the job. So, yeah, good they didn't fire her, but their policy is anti-gun.

But, she was off PJ property, I don't think they would have a case there, even though she was on the clock.

pony up
01-16-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm from Maine, so I know about splitting hairs.....Buy a PJ today and make your or someone else's dog a happy pup. Oh, and by the by if you have a hiring need hire that young lady. She has courage and stones and exhibits the character any company can use. :wave:

dwsmithjr
01-18-2015, 07:45 AM
But, she was off PJ property, I don't think they would have a case there, even though she was on the clock.

I expect she would still be considered as carrying on the job since she was doing her job at the time and her job by definition is off PJ property. Then again, I'm not a lawyer.

I'm glad they didn't fire her, but their policy is still that carrying is not allowed on the job.

milkmanjoe
01-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Good for Papa John's.....I wish they would deliver ammo too.