PDA

View Full Version : Student blames Michelle Obama for ruining Taco Tuesday

Gatorade
03-06-2015, 07:16 PM
Now she's gone too far!

https://www.yahoo.com/food/student-blames-michelle-obama-for-ruining-taco-112901833801.html

This kid is wise beyond his years!

TLE2
03-06-2015, 07:51 PM
He's my hero.

skosh69
03-06-2015, 08:07 PM
With an ass the size of hers (I font mean her husband either), she ought to work on her on diet!

pony up
03-07-2015, 09:13 AM
That kid is on the right track but he needs to man up. Taco Tuesday is only a blip. She and her husband have been spoiling meal time for me for 6 years.:mad:

sdmc530
03-07-2015, 10:11 AM
DO NOT mess with taco tuesday!!! Ass$ho)#

Xbonz
03-07-2015, 10:17 AM
That kid is on the right track but he needs to man up. Taco Tuesday is only a blip. She and her husband have been spoiling meal time for me for 6 years.:mad:

Beat me to it....

kaotiklif
03-07-2015, 10:56 AM
I am so glad I pulled Dom from public school and I highly doubt he would ever go back.

One of my side projects is getting more single parents to homeschool. We recently launched a local co-op more focused on working and single families to better help them access affordable curriculum, manage time and keep their own sanity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pony up
03-07-2015, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE=kaotiklif;104144]I am so glad I pulled Dom from public school and I highly doubt he would ever go back.

One of my side projects is getting more single parents to homeschool. We recently launched a local co-op more focused on working and single families to better help them access affordable curriculum, manage time and keep their own sanity.

Kaotiklif, That is highly valued work you are doing in an area where help is sorely needed. Way to many single parent children are warehoused in underperforming public schools as those single parents feel they have no alternative. Thanks for your efforts. The only way out of the morass we are in is an educated public. Kids need an education that teaches how to think not what to think.

kaotiklif
03-07-2015, 10:11 PM
Kaotiklif, That is highly valued work you are doing in an area where help is sorely needed. Way to many single parent children are warehoused in underperforming public schools as those single parents feel they have no alternative. Thanks for your efforts. The only way out of the morass we are in is an educated public. Kids need an education that teaches how to think not what to think.

Stories like this are just another example of the failing public school system. We cannot centralized education and expect it to function properly when many parents are blaming the teachers instead of instilling morals and values in their children. States need to tell the federal government to shove the "race to the top" grant money and start taking control of their schools, especially in regard to unnecessary bonds and high stakes testing.

There are some parents that simply do not want to home-school or for health reasons, etc can't. However, the biggest misconception is that working families and single parent families can't do it. We set out to make sure they understand that not only can they do it, but that their children will likely be much better off. Support is key for them.

Now off my homeschool soapbox :D

Gatorade
03-07-2015, 10:56 PM
I have been homeschooling my daughter for the last year or so. I am learning all
Kinds of new things that I slept through the first time around!