PDA

View Full Version : For All You Texans and Ex Texans:

NAMVET72
03-17-2015, 02:43 PM
http://www.guns.com/2015/03/17/texas-open-carry-measure-passes-senate-in-partisan-vote-video/

Clyde

Lonestar grips.
03-17-2015, 03:48 PM
while in certain situations it's sometimes smarter to conceal carry so the bad guy doesn't know you have a handgun having the option to open carry would really be great!!

NAMVET72
03-17-2015, 03:53 PM
while in certain situations it's sometimes smarter to conceal carry so the bad guy doesn't know you have a handgun having the option to open carry would really be great!!

That is Very True Zane,

Clyde

BlackKnight
03-17-2015, 04:05 PM
I concur, but in my experience, most criminals are cowards and won't engage an armed citizen.
I gotta say, I'm more and more tempted to move to Texas when I retire.

kaotiklif
03-17-2015, 04:09 PM
We lobbied heavily for that bill. Lots of trips to Austin. The House Homeland Security Committee testimony adjourned today on HB 910 (SB 17 companion bill) and vote from them is expected next week. My preemption bill (My organization co-authored) was filed in the house this week by Rep White as well. THAT is my baby :)

The vote was actually 20-10 with one voting present today.

Senate bill had 23 amendments submitted, only 3 added

1) effective date to be Jan 1 instead of Sept 1. DPS "needs" more time to train officers <rolls eyes>
2) Retention training to be added to CHL class. Does not apply to renewals
3) No open carry on any part of higher education institution including parking lot (this was done to protect campus carry bill SB 11..hearing on that bill is tomorrow, will be live streamed)

Lonestar grips.
03-17-2015, 06:52 PM
I concur, but in my experience, most criminals are cowards and won't engage an armed citizen.
I gotta say, I'm more and more tempted to move to Texas when I retire.

you're right, most criminals are cowards but there's always the chance you get one dumb or drunk enough to try and take your pistol away from you. this is a big reason I stay away from crowds.

and move on down Tony! we have room for a few more.:)

We lobbied heavily for that bill. Lots of trips to Austin. The House Homeland Security Committee testimony adjourned today on HB 910 (SB 17 companion bill) and vote from them is expected next week. My preemption bill (My organization co-authored) was filed in the house this week by Rep White as well. THAT is my baby :)

The vote was actually 20-10 with one voting present today.

Senate bill had 23 amendments submitted, only 3 added

1) effective date to be Jan 1 instead of Sept 1. DPS "needs" more time to train officers <rolls eyes>
2) Retention training to be added to CHL class. Does not apply to renewals
3) No open carry on any part of higher education institution including parking lot (this was done to protect campus carry bill SB 11..hearing on that bill is tomorrow, will be live streamed)

thanks for all your work Alli!

kaotiklif
03-17-2015, 07:05 PM
thanks for all your work Alli!

I send out e-mail alerts when I need people to call/email reps/senators with sample texts blocks.

Some of my organization's bills that I personally helped author:
HB 3717 a bill enacted to reduced 30.06 penalty from class A to class C misdemeanor. (Filed by Rep. White)

HJR 56 State Constitutional Amendment in the regulation of arms (Filed by White)

HB 4061 a bill to add civil remedy when municipalities violate state preemption. (This is MY baby)

not sure if it's allowed to be posted (mods?) but if you are interested in staying up to date with my bills, I can message my website address to join e-mail alerts.

NAMVET72
03-17-2015, 07:10 PM
It is allowed,

Clyde

kaotiklif
03-17-2015, 07:33 PM
It is allowed,

Clyde

Thank you Clyde :)

Here is my website: www.TexasCarry.org

You can join e-mail alerts there. I am not sending out an alert to contact Homeland Security members on HB 910 (open carry bill heard in committee today) because myself and my co-director have gathers 76 signatures on the bill. There will be no issue in passing this bill out of committee.

For social media, I post live tweets during all Senate/House hearings on my bills. I also post the links to watch the legislature live feeds. I do not post live updates to facebook as it's too time consuming for me.

Twitter: @TexasCarry

This is my latest updates:

conta.cc/1Ek3K0j (conta.cc/1Ek3K0j)

conta.cc/1FiFwYF (the Senate voted on this today, but an idea of what I send out)

As a side note, I appreciate the support. I was harassed by gun control extremists when we won the UNF parking lot gun ban lawsuit and even now as an activist (most recently when some holstered open carry pictures were taken from my facebook and posted to other sites). I have put my money where my mouth is so to speak. As a personal disclaimer, I fully support Constitutional Carry but I believe it happens incrementally. I will lobby for and work for whatever I think I can push through. Thanks :)

Riverpigusmc
03-17-2015, 07:42 PM
Told y'all I invited Alli for other reasons than her quick wit and lovely rear view :)

BlackKnight
03-17-2015, 07:54 PM
you're right, most criminals are cowards but there's always the chance you get one dumb or drunk enough to try and take your pistol away from you. this is a big reason I stay away from crowds.

and move on down Tony! we have room for a few more.:)

You're right and I feel the same way.
Coincidently, I just came home from meeting with my financial planner and I'm on track with walking away in about 4 years and the subject of leaving this gawed awful state came up. I think I'm wearing the missus down.

Riverpigusmc
03-17-2015, 08:02 PM
You're right and I feel the same way.
Coincidently, I just came home from meeting with my financial planner and I'm on track with walking away in about 4 years and the subject of leaving this gawed awful state came up. I think I'm wearing the missus down.

I'm waitin' on your happy a** to move to Florida. Just remember, in this state, the further south ya go, the further north ya get :p

kaotiklif
03-18-2015, 01:15 AM
Told y'all I invited Alli for other reasons than her quick wit and lovely rear view :)

I'm backing out of this thread...pun not intended [emoji51][emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk