PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Army sergeant - Bergdahl!!!

dw1911
03-25-2015, 07:12 PM
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/us-military-bergdahl-may-face-life-in-prison-if-convicted/ar-AA9ZLHy

Last May 31, Bergdahl was handed over to U.S. special forces in Afghanistan as part of an exchange for five Taliban commanders who were imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
If this doesn't tick you off, What does?
You Vets chime in on this with your thoughts.

NAMVET72
03-25-2015, 07:48 PM
I HOPE THEY GIVE HIM LIFE WITH NO PAROLE, since there is No More Fiing Squad,

Clyde

dw1911
03-25-2015, 07:54 PM
I agree with you Clyde! :mad:

TLE2
03-25-2015, 08:44 PM
So states are thinking about using firing squads now since the lethal injection drugs are in short supply. So...

sdmc530
03-25-2015, 09:19 PM
I saw this and was very upset..they should do bad things to him....

jmlutz
03-25-2015, 09:22 PM
I saw this and was very upset..they should do bad things to him....

^^^^^^^^^
This

ronpaul50
03-25-2015, 09:46 PM
This ^^^^^^^

douglas_knott
03-25-2015, 09:51 PM
I don't think there is a shortage of rope.

Sheepdog
03-25-2015, 09:52 PM
I wonder what his reception will be like at Leavenworth.

Riverpigusmc
03-25-2015, 10:16 PM
I'd cut his throat and mix myself a Beam and coke. I've shot better hounds. But Susan Rice said he served with "honor and distinction"

I miss my country

MajO
03-25-2015, 10:26 PM
In this politically correct culture, I doubt that the death penalty will even be on the table. Especially with the White House interference that has already occurred.

(I have been waiting for POTUS to say that if he had a son, they would look like Bergdahl.)

To the best of my knowledge, the military has switched over from hanging to lethal injection. That is what Hussein is facing, unless Obama pardons him. My vote would be the firing squad for both.

sdmc530
03-25-2015, 10:54 PM
Firing squad if they start low and shoot lots. He needs much punishment

skosh69
03-26-2015, 12:15 AM
The words U.S. Army Sergeant and Bergdahl DO NOT BELONG IN THE SAME SENTENCE!!!!!

Do I even have to say how much shame and disgrace he brings upon my beloved Army and the ranks of the NCO's???

That fuq'n potus is still more of a POS than him though. He's the dumb ass that made the trade!!!

Snipersnest
03-26-2015, 07:37 AM
He should have been charged with cowardice in the face of the enemy, which is punishable by death. People lost their lives when patrols went out searching for him. A firing squad is more fitting for someone who did his military duty. Hanging is befitting a coward or war criminal.

Gatorade
03-26-2015, 09:28 AM
The real injustice in my eyes is not that he was a deserter or that he may have joined the enemy. While those acts are bad they would be the actions of one person and given their mental state maybe they had a change of heart and thought they were fighting on the wrong side. However as stated earlier other good soldiers lost their lives looking for him, and the internet is full of slit throats that deserved to be traded for 5 detainees before trading for a deserter. I would not be surprised if I read tomorrow that he converted and was aiding the enemy when he was a "captive". I also wouldn't be surprised if he was found swinging in his cell by his shoelaces. He just seems mentally fragile and don't see this ending well, court martial aside.

RKP
03-26-2015, 09:32 AM
Hanging would fit the bill nicely.

milkmanjoe
03-26-2015, 10:05 AM
I wonder what his reception will be like at Leavenworth.

Exactly.....People inside don't like certain types of criminals. I believe he fits in one of those unlikable categories.

flphotog
03-26-2015, 11:42 AM
I'd cut his throat and mix myself a Beam and coke. I've shot better hounds. But Susan Rice said he served with "honor and distinction"

I miss my country
The same "honor and distinction" rice has always shown.

pony up
03-26-2015, 11:52 AM
From what I have read he walked away (funny way to characterize desertion it seems to me) more than once. I cannot imagine what in hell is going on with our military today but obviously times have changed. He should have been dealt with as a liability to his outfit long before he joined the Taliban. He was a problem that should have been solved by his Company Cmdr, Platoon leader, 1st Sgt., squad leader, fire team leader and the guys in his outfit that were threatened by his lack of character. Just as in his case dead wood gets good people killed in combat. Whether it is a fup private or fup CIC. I have a lot of respect for the General that made the right call on this. I wish him well in his next endeavor as no doubt he will join the list of those who disagreed, gave the wrong advise, etc. and found themselves on the outside looking in. While we worry about this our military is being decimated with combat veteran leaders both officers and enlisted NCO being unceremoniously dumped back into civilian ranks to feed our upside down priorities. End of rant. Dennis

Lonestar grips.
03-26-2015, 12:59 PM
Tie him to a chair and every 20 minutes cut off a new finger digit or a toe, when they're all gone take the ears, then stick a knife in each knee cap. ask him if he'd like to know what his nuts taste like.

make it slow and make it last.