PDA

View Full Version : God help the Union

Xbonz
03-27-2015, 12:27 PM
http://youtu.be/yRZZpk_9k8E

TLE2
03-27-2015, 12:33 PM
While that is disturbing on many levels, more disturbing is that most high school graduates can't fill out a job application, can't calculate tax on a purchase, can't....it's woeful to continue.

GD2A
03-27-2015, 12:57 PM
With great pride, I confess, I couldn't come up with the Snookie answer. :D

Hopefully, this was simply the knuckleheaded minority and most kids got the answers correct. Still, it's a sad statement of the times.

PS, referring to college students as "kids" kinda stings!!!

kaotiklif
03-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Heh, I homeschool and my 6 year old and he is learning about government process. I took him to the Capitol with me a few weeks ago, he loved it. We will get more in depth into history as he gets older but with all my activism...I'm willing to bet he's going to be a libertarian leaning conservative. [emoji2]

I blame parents who aren't willing to learn history themselves to work with their kids and the schools for the crap curriculum that they have now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLE2
03-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Schools now days seem more interested in making sure no one is offended and no one bites their sandwich into a gun shape. Standardized testing is partly to blame. Not firing bad teachers (the union) is the other.

My mother taught school for many years, but retired when the "teach to the test" mentality started.

flphotog
03-27-2015, 03:15 PM
That is scary. I saw something like that a few years ago and one of the questions was, "Where is the Berlin wall" and believe it or not people got that wrong as well. Oh yes, "Where is Pearl Harbor" was also beyond a lot of people.

pony up
03-27-2015, 05:12 PM
Welcome to Water's World. Social promotion has mutated into pack em up and move em out before we damage their self esteem. The Federal department of education which has nothing to do with education except controlling the money and specializing in providing low information voters has removed education from the class room completely. These totally ignorant young people are unprepared for life bringing nothing to the table of value other than a pulse. What level SAT scores lands these morons on campus? Is the purpose of advanced education merely to spend tax payer money on worthless student loans of no value to the anyone other than the schools? IE, just buying more votes? Do any of these brain dead protoplasm blobs graduate?