PDA

View Full Version : Grey's death ruled homicide

Xbonz
05-01-2015, 10:51 AM
Gonna get interesting...

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/attachments/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/29426d1403270860t-signed-sealed-waiting-delivered-popcorn-smiley.png

RKP
05-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Yes it is ......

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/baltimore-unrest/freddie-gray-n351881

...... and this as well:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/female-suspect-killed-after-exchanging-gunfire-atlanta-police-patrol-car-n351561

sdmc530
05-01-2015, 11:53 AM
oh jeesh....inter Rev. Sharp in 3.2.1.....

kaotiklif
05-01-2015, 04:06 PM
Makes me very glad that I live in the country. Good grief.

skosh69
05-01-2015, 05:04 PM
Sorry, but better to get the truth now, than to try and cover it up and have things turn out worse later on.

Then again, either way isn't going to be good for that city or our country.

All you Caucasians out there, watch your six! I'm brown, I'm good :D

milkmanjoe
05-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Too early to think about this. The charges were extremely fast. No Grand Jury. I suspect this will fall apart, but the charges might quiet the riot. For now.

Look at the Trayvon Martin case.....place went berserk.....time slowed them down and Zimmerman walked....no riots.

sdmc530
05-01-2015, 11:15 PM
I thought the same thing. Charge no matter what the facts are and let the grand jury decide. Keep the public at bay...for now.......

milkmanjoe
05-02-2015, 03:46 AM
I thought the same thing. Charge no matter what the facts are and let the grand jury decide. Keep the public at bay...for now.......

Yup.....d-r-a-g it out, with charges like "failure to provide aid"....whoa, there's a biggie......then let the trial go till Winter when it's too cold to riot. Most of the charges will go away, one by one probably all of them will walk. I'll probably see them here, retired with pension, on a golf course in eighteen months.

BlackKnight
05-02-2015, 11:45 AM
I don't mean to be a jerk here, but have any of you been on the stand accused of wrong doing and have to explain your actions to a jury? I have and let me tell you it isn't pretty, wondering if I was going to lose everything.
So now they charge six officers, of which three are black, to quell the riots. How about the officers? Now they're not getting paid, their reputation soiled, and if they get acquitted they may still lose their job.
Don't misunderstand me. If we do wrong then absolutely we should pay, but lets get all the facts out first. Do the damn investigation first before they charge, not charge and then do the investigation. That's asinine!
Maryland has a history of being to quick to charge in my book.
Evident by this;
http://www.npdf.org/legal-defense-detective-joseph-walker/

milkmanjoe
05-02-2015, 12:02 PM
I don't mean to be a jerk here, but have any of you been on the stand accused of wrong doing and have to explain your actions to a jury? I have and let me tell you it isn't pretty, wondering if I was going to lose everything.
So now they charge six officers, of which three are black, to quell the riots. How about the officers? Now they're not getting paid, their reputation soiled, and if they get acquitted they may still lose their job.
Don't misunderstand me. If we do wrong then absolutely we should pay, but lets get all the facts out first. Do the damn investigation first before they charge, not charge and then do the investigation. That's asinine!
Maryland has a history of being to quick to charge in my book.
Evident by this;
http://www.npdf.org/legal-defense-detective-joseph-walker/

I agree....all they accomplished so far was to destroy the Officer's lives. And it's all for political gain hopes of a 35 year old.

BlackKnight
05-02-2015, 12:05 PM
My apologies for the rant. Lost my temper there for a sec. Don't mean to take it out on you guys.

milkmanjoe
05-02-2015, 12:15 PM
My apologies for the rant. Lost my temper there for a sec. Don't mean to take it out on you guys.

Why apologize? You posted the truth. In Ferguson they took ALL the evidence to the Grand Jury and it came back a big zero. This woman determined on her own to make these charges, no Grand Jury involved. This is all wrong. And it is for her own gain. If any/all Officers are acquitted she will shrug it off and blame the Judge/Jury, and still be a hero to the uneducated because she brought the big bad cops up on charges.

sdmc530
05-02-2015, 01:20 PM

no apologies needed. Yes I have been in court, and sued three times in my short career. It does suck. BUT if you know you are in the wright and no foul play was done there is nothing to sweat about...too much. Its nerve racking for sure to be in court accused.

milkmanjoe
05-02-2015, 02:56 PM
no apologies needed. Yes I have been in court, and sued three times in my short career. It does suck. BUT if you know you are in the wright and no foul play was done there is nothing to sweat about...too much. Its nerve racking for sure to be in court accused.

And we now know why I am not taking the Deputy job up in SC.

Lonestar grips.
05-02-2015, 04:20 PM
I know my Dad was sued a couple of times for his shooting, it's never easy sitting there being accused of wrong doing but if you're in the right then you shouldn't worry.

BlackKnight
05-02-2015, 05:33 PM
Easier said than done. You can do everything right, feel morally right, but not knowing what the jurors are thinking and if they're anti-cop. Wondering if you're going to lose everything.

Xbonz
05-02-2015, 06:02 PM
Tony

How would you handle this if you were the prosecuting attorney?

sdmc530
05-02-2015, 07:28 PM
Tony

How would you handle this if you were the prosecuting attorney?

I asked myself this to myself. I dont get every detail but i wouldnt want to be the prosecution with this. Loose loose no matter what the truth is. Sad thing is a death happened for whatever the cause.

BlackKnight
05-03-2015, 06:28 AM
It is a loose loose situation.
I would like to think that if I was a prosecutor I would not be politically swayed, but then again to be in those positions politics play a big role.

Riverpigusmc
05-03-2015, 09:27 AM

Yell at us anytime you want, Tropical Minion. Especially Ell.

Should have been a grand jury before they were charged.

Gatorade
05-03-2015, 10:52 AM
I have only caught a little info here and there but I believe the thing that got the charges so fast was the extra, unreported stop. That may have been a paperwork error but it gave the impression of a cover up. Similar the the SC cop moving the taser. There may have been perfectly reasonable explanations but in light of a death all those are magnified by outsiders viewing video as a chain of events leading to covert the asses. Why cover your ass if you didn't do anything wrong?

Yes I believe it was too fast to charge but I can understand why it came about.

milkmanjoe
05-03-2015, 05:00 PM
I have only caught a little info here and there but I believe the thing that got the charges so fast was the extra, unreported stop. That may have been a paperwork error but it gave the impression of a cover up. Similar the the SC cop moving the taser. There may have been perfectly reasonable explanations but in light of a death all those are magnified by outsiders viewing video as a chain of events leading to covert the asses. Why cover your ass if you didn't do anything wrong?

Yes I believe it was too fast to charge but I can understand why it came about.

Not me....those officers are screwed for life, no matter the outcome of a trial. They should have gotten the process of a Grand Jury examining ALL of the evidence.