PDA

View Full Version : Ken Stabler died today at age 69

LittleGator
07-10-2015, 08:34 PM
Raider great Ken Stabler died yesterday (I read about it today). Was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer in February. Some of us on here are in an age bracket where we should be tested for this. I understand if caught early, it is easily treatable.

Be safe.

http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2015/0...ler-dies-at-6/

I still remember some of Stabler's games against Shula's Dolphins. Just when it looked like he was all wrapped up and ready to fall, he'd wiggle out of it!! Had me jumping up and down and cursing at the TV.

TLE2
07-10-2015, 08:35 PM
I remember those days. Barely.

My doc just tried to get me to have a colonoscopy. NOPE. Just hear any comedian talk about it.

skosh69
07-10-2015, 08:44 PM
RIP Kenny

OBTW, he died yesterday :D

LittleGator
07-10-2015, 08:53 PM
RIP Kenny

OBTW, he died yesterday :D

Wait. . . what?. . . is it tomorrow already??!!?? :D

OP corrected. :o

MajO
07-10-2015, 09:23 PM
I remember those days. Barely.

My doc just tried to get me to have a colonoscopy. NOPE. Just hear any comedian talk about it.

I would suggest not getting medical advice from comedians.

My father hated doctors. He refused to visit a doctor for over fifty (50) years; and wound up dying from a tumor that might have been removed if detected early. I have had several colonoscopies under anesthesia. A couple revealed polyps which were removed. God knows what would happen if they were left to go unchecked for years.

If you have it done at Bethesda Naval Hospital, ask for a Rear Admiral.

Riverpigusmc
07-10-2015, 09:47 PM
Might wanna ask Ken Stabler about that theory Michael

milkmanjoe
07-10-2015, 11:38 PM
Tiger Woods father died from friggin prostate cancer. So rich, and died from an easily detectable, treatable cancer. We can all guess it was cause he didn't utilize all that money and go to a doctor till it was too late.

My own cancer was removed by surgery. When analyzed via the lab it was a very aggressive cancer. My oncologist was very clear that if it was not found within that year they could not have saved me. I have had probably ten colonoscopies over the last 15 years. If it saves my life the doctor can look up my arse all he wants.

Now, about my Urologist. She is six feet tall, HUGE boobs, tiny butt, was born and raised in Romania. She gives very thorough exams checking every nook and cranny for lumps. I always catch the bone, but I can't write a penthouse fantasy story here cause none happened. I asked if I could see her once a week for an exam just to be safe, got shut down. By my wife.

RKP
07-11-2015, 06:02 AM
...... My doc just tried to get me to have a colonoscopy. NOPE. Just hear any comedian talk about it.

I'd bet a paycheck that the vast majority of those very comedians that make jokes / fun of colonoscopies and, in doing so, deter many a person from getting that ever important test ... get that very test done on themselves at the recommended "every 5 yrs." interval.

Gatorade
07-11-2015, 08:21 AM
Tiger Woods father died from friggin prostate cancer. So rich, and died from an easily detectable, treatable cancer. We can all guess it was cause he didn't utilize all that money and go to a doctor till it was too late.

My own cancer was removed by surgery. When analyzed via the lab it was a very aggressive cancer. My oncologist was very clear that if it was not found within that year they could not have saved me. I have had probably ten colonoscopies over the last 15 years. If it saves my life the doctor can look up my arse all he wants.

Now, about my Urologist. She is six feet tall, HUGE boobs, tiny butt, was born and raised in Romania. She gives very thorough exams checking every nook and cranny for lumps. I always catch the bone, but I can't write a penthouse fantasy story here cause none happened. I asked if I could see her once a week for an exam just to be safe, got shut down. By my wife.

I need to get a referral for your urologist.

milkmanjoe
07-11-2015, 05:08 PM
I need to get a referral for your urologist.

We're talking...."the most beautiful, smokin' hot woman you ever saw" category

Caleb
07-11-2015, 05:38 PM
At what age is recommended to start exams? 40? 50?

BlackKnight
07-11-2015, 06:15 PM
At what age is recommended to start exams? 40? 50?
My understanding is prostate 40, colon 50.

RKP
07-11-2015, 08:05 PM
My understanding is prostate 40, colon 50.

...... or earlier, if there's a history of prostate / colon cancer that run's in the family.