PDA

View Full Version : To Bob or not to Bob

Lane
01-23-2012, 11:24 PM
I've been working on my project gun (in between holsters, of course) - a Springfield 5" Mil-Spec. I've replaced the trigger group and am working on checkering the front strap.

I know that Clyde's Black Ops is bobbed, and I like my DW CBOB. My question is, while I'm at it should I bob it? I don't mind the grip now with the humped MSH.

What are the thoughts of the experts here?

Lane

AutoMag
01-24-2012, 08:36 AM
I vote to leave it as is!!!:)

Easier to resell an unmolested 1911 and the bob is just a passing fad that will soon disappear!!:D

OK guys and gals you can jump on me know!!!!:D

RandallZ
01-24-2012, 08:38 AM
I'm not an expert, but I won't hesitate to share my opinion... :) I think you should do whatever it is that makes you smile when you pick up the pistol. Arched, arched with relief, flat, bobbed, rounded corner...do what feels satisfying to you.

Randall

Sheepdog
01-24-2012, 12:02 PM
I like bobbed pistols. "fad" or not. I have several bobbed full sized and Cbobs and love them all. The bob sure helps in concealment. I also find them more comfortable to wear.

Auto Mag: :mob:

AutoMag
01-24-2012, 12:52 PM
I like bobbed pistols. "fad" or not. I have several bobbed full sized and Cbobs and love them all. The bob sure helps in concealment. I also find them more comfortable to wear.

Auto Mag: :mob:

:D:D I knew it was coming!!!:D

Lane
01-24-2012, 02:03 PM
Easier to resell

I have no idea what this means... :confused:

AutoMag
01-24-2012, 03:41 PM
I have no idea what this means... :confused:

When you go to sell, that is if you ever sell it I think it is easier to sell a gun that has not been converted, such as being bobbed, new sights etc. If I was buying a 1911 that has been modified and not a factory job I would want to know who did it and if it was done correctly!! :)

Lane
01-24-2012, 03:46 PM
You might have missed my sarcasm - I understand your point completely. I for one would be very Leary of buying a gun from a do it yourselfer. Especially after you read my other thread. :-)

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

AutoMag
01-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I got you Lane.:)

I just wanted to make sure that I was not being clear!!:)

DaFadda
01-24-2012, 07:38 PM
It is a sacrilege to attempt to resell your pistol. The pistol MUST remain with you forever. Trust me on this. I know. (chuckling)
DaFadda

NAMVET72
01-24-2012, 07:41 PM
I agree with a few of our Members:

1) Makes it easier to Conceal
2) All guns need to be left to your son or daughter
3) And it laos makes it your own..........

Clyde

AutoMag
01-24-2012, 08:00 PM
It is a sacrilege to attempt to resell your pistol. The pistol MUST remain with you forever. Trust me on this. I know. (chuckling)
DaFadda

But you all know good and well that does not happen!!!:D:D

I know all too well myself!

GoldenVolt
01-24-2012, 09:49 PM
Lane,

It's your gun do what makes you happy. Are you going to carry it?
If yes, BOB it.:eek:

Remember you get to build one in September.:) Lucky dog.:p

Greg

yankee2500
01-24-2012, 11:21 PM
I agree go ahead and bob it, I just bought a new Colt XSE Lightweight Commander fired nine rounds through it then tore it down and bobbed it, next is off to the smith for some other nice touches.:)

Lane
01-25-2012, 12:02 AM
I agree go ahead and bob it, I just bought a new Colt XSE Lightweight Commander fired nine rounds through it then tore it down and bobbed it, next is off to the smith for some other nice touches.:)

Yeah, your post kind of got me going on this again. BTW - if you want some tips on do it yourself trigger jobs I'm your guy. :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

zenfly
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
If you already have a bobbed .45 you only need one to carry but I bobbed my Defender Plus after buying my CBOB and am thinking about my DW 5" 10mm next..
Needless to say I really like them..

yankee2500
01-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah, your post kind of got me going on this again. BTW - if you want some tips on do it yourself trigger jobs I'm your guy. :-)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm not doing the trigger job myself I will let the Smith do that.:D I did order an EGW Ultimate Trigger Kit and will have a Fusion Firearms Carbon Fiber & Titanium trigger put in. I also have a Titanium mainspring cap & hammer strut on order.