PDA

View Full Version : Took a friend from work

GoldenVolt
01-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Brought a buddy to the range today. He doesn't own a hand gun right now and all he wanted (before today) was a Glock. He knew my take on the subject. So I told him, I would be happy to take him to the range as my guest, I told him he could rent range guns (take your pick) and try the ones he's interested in and see how they shoot.

Well, He tried the Glock (didn't like it), He tried the XD (a little better then the Glock) and the Sig in that order, he likes the Sig best out of the Polymer handguns he tried. Then I let him shoot mine.:D

First the 45 then the 9mm, he was amazed how much he liked the trigger of the 1911. He asked me why my guns cost so much? I told him that mine are the low middle of the road, and someone could spend a hole lot more on a 1911. Then I let him shoot the GSG 1911-22, I told him that the GSG was a $340 gun. I told him he could get a Rock Island for under $550.

So we're walking out of the firing range and over to the counter. Many (Buddy behind the counter) asked him what he thought about the guns he shot? Ricky (friend from work) said he loved the feel of the 1911.
I think I might have converted him.:D

This is the Kicker Many a die hard Kimber fan told me about a Dan Wesson he shot, how tight the slide to frame fit was and the trigger..... Well I told Many that I already know about Dan Wesson and that I will be getting one. He told me not to get one until he found out which model he shot (range members gun) that I need to get that model. I told him all of DW are well built.:cool:

Greg

Riverpigusmc
01-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Good job..if we convert one shooter a week, all the Tupperware will be gone (not)

Hoss in IL
01-27-2012, 10:10 PM
Nice job, Greg. I'm still working on one of my co-workers to hit the range with me.

NAMVET72
01-27-2012, 10:23 PM
That is Great Greg to convert a MIMBER Lover to DW owner........

Clyde

TUFF-IRON
01-28-2012, 12:56 AM
Good job you have probably just created another Gun junkie:eek:. The more of them we can get converted the more normal the rest of us will look;)

DaFadda
01-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Isn't it fun to see their faces when they shoot your guns?? Glad you had an enjoyable day at the range!
Dafadda

GoldenVolt
01-28-2012, 08:56 AM
It was nice when he turned to me with a :D.

I'll invite anyone that is interested in getting into the sport. The more the merrier.

DirtyPipes
01-29-2012, 01:35 PM
That is great ... another converter like me !

I will say my G23 has NEVER failed me in any way and I would trust any life including my own with it. Having said that, the 1911 platform is on another level that I love in every way ... I just have not owned it long enough(150rds down the pipe) to trust my life with it.