PDA

View Full Version : Faith in humanity restored

skosh69
09-26-2015, 06:44 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2015/09/26/mcdonalds-employee-disabled-customer-eat-alone/72789400/

Carreno said she was waiting in line to order when a man in a wheelchair approached the counter ahead of her.

"The man politely tried to ask the cashier something, and it took him a few tries before either of us could understand he was saying, "help me, please,'" she wrote in the Facebook post.

Carreno said it took a few tries, but the cashier, Kenny, finally realized that the man needed help cutting and eating his meal.

She said she was shocked when the cashier closed down his register and disappeared to wash his hands and put on gloves. She watched as the employee came out of the kitchen sat down and began helping the man eat.

Now that is a good employee/man. Could have easily weaseled his way out of it....

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/972a25a1193ec62ab33fbe68e0316f55af5233d4/c=56-0-1211-1540&r=537&c=0-0-534-712/local/-/media/2015/09/25/USATODAY/USATODAY/635787616808009424-Screen-Shot-2015-09-25-at-7.07.49-AM.jpg

Xbonz
09-26-2015, 07:39 PM
Class act. Fellow deserves to be recognized by McD's corporate.

sdmc530
09-26-2015, 11:50 PM

Yes!!! Awesome

DrHenley
09-27-2015, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they fire him. :rolleyes:

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=98&pictureid=1046

pitor
09-27-2015, 11:11 PM
He does but I bet you he gets fired for closing his register...

shooter
09-28-2015, 06:43 AM
Being in this business, it's good to see it outside a facility. But I have to wonder where did he come from, how did he order this meal, and where are his caregivers?

sdmc530
09-28-2015, 09:19 AM
Being in this business, it's good to see it outside a facility. But I have to wonder where did he come from, how did he order this meal, and where are his caregivers?

You know about a month ago all the guys were eating at a Pizza Ranch, its a pizza buffet type place. Anyways there was a lady, looked like she was maybe homeless you know the look. Anyways we were on one side of the building and she was coming up for plate after plate of food I mean lots. One of the troopers thought he should go talk to her and let her know she shouldn't do that because they don't like to take food home or whatever.

The manager happened to be out talking to the people eating and came to talk to us. This trooper asked the manager if he wanted him to go talk to them about dining ediquite. The manager was kind of stunned and said,"well no. that is Mary and she brings her husband and brother in once a week. They are veterans that are wheel chair bound and don't have hardly any money." The manager then says I never let them pay and tell them they can eat and take what ever they want because he is afraid that might be the only REAL meal they get all week. He also told this trooper to mind his own business when not at his business. It was kind of great...I laughed. The lady helping the two veterans in the wheel chair didn't look great or couldn't really take care of them selves and Mary wasn't much better off I suspect but this restaurant tried to help them even if it was just once a week.

Good for both places I say....

Gatorade
09-28-2015, 10:30 AM
Good that the trooper asked before he acted. As far as the mind your own business comment I wonder if it were a group of teens who have the money but were just commiting retail theft if the owner would change his mind. That troopers business is watching out for people and businesses against crime. In this case it was not a crime because it was with the owners blessing.

sdmc530
09-28-2015, 03:41 PM
Good that the trooper asked before he acted. As far as the mind your own business comment I wonder if it were a group of teens who have the money but were just commiting retail theft if the owner would change his mind. That troopers business is watching out for people and businesses against crime. In this case it was not a crime because it was with the owners blessing.

yep you are right I have seen other times where a witnessed drug sale happened and the owners were thrilled they got involved.