PDA

View Full Version : Snake Skin or Chain Link?

GoldenVolt
01-28-2012, 07:57 PM
I need your opinon.............

What do you think about Snake Skin treatment on a front strap with a slide that has a regular straight rear cocking serrations?

https://severnscustom.com/images/finished_frame_angle.jpg

Do you think Chain Link looks better?

http://edbrown.com/images/handguns/SpecialForces/index_25.jpg

Thank you for your comments.

Greg

NAMVET72
01-28-2012, 08:00 PM
IMHO get one done in each 1911, that should make you Happy........

I prefer chainlink.............

Clyde

GoldenVolt
01-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks Clyde.

I'm leaning toward the Chain Link too.

I got a quote back from Dave today while I was at the Greensboro Gun Show. Can you believe there wasn't a single Dan Wesson in the hole place.

It's going to be a while before I received it. He's backlogged till late summer.:(

Greg

NAMVET72
01-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks Clyde.

I'm leaning toward the Chain Link too.

I got a quote back from Dave today while I was at the Greensboro Gun Show. Can you believe there wasn't a single Dan Wesson in the hole place.

It's going to be a while before I received it. He's backlogged till late summer.:(

Greg

That will give you more time to figure out what other Mods. to your 1911. Did you ask Dave if he can get you a DW?????? Knowing you the way I do probably not..............:D:D:D:D

Clyde

GoldenVolt
01-28-2012, 08:27 PM
That will give you more time to figure out what other Mods. to your 1911. Did you ask Dave if he can get you a DW?????? Knowing you the way I do probably not..............:D:D:D:D

Clyde

I did. He will supply the NIB DW RZ-45 Heritage.:D

Good price too. I would recommend all members to check him out.:)

Greg

Again You Are A Day Late and a Nickel Short............ I have been telling people about Dave every chance I get............

Clyde

Lane
01-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I guess I'm a purist - I like regular old checkering on the front strap and the MSH. I like the grip I get from checkering - chain link/golf ball/snake skin don't have the same feel.

Just my opinion... you get what you pay for :)

Lane

GoldenVolt
01-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Thanks Lane. I value your opinion.:)

I too like a simple 25 LPI checkering. But this one is going to be my first DW so I want something a little special.:D

Greg

sdmc530
01-28-2012, 09:29 PM
chain link I think is really nice. My STI is dressed up with chain link and I think it looks very sharp......but that is what I like.....

GoldenVolt
01-28-2012, 09:41 PM
I did. He will supply the NIB DW RZ-45 Heritage.:D

Good price too. I would recommend all members to check him out.:)

Greg

Again You Are A Day Late and a Nickel Short............ I have been telling people about Dave every chance I get............

Clyde

Clyde, I know your the Chief, but how did you edit my post?

You are once again incorrect.:eek:

I'm only 20 minutes late:) but a dollar short:(.

Greg

Thedragonslayer
01-28-2012, 10:39 PM
Chainlink:D Chainlink:D Chainlink:D

Ok for real.... I'd go with the chainlink myself!:cool:

Lane
01-29-2012, 12:19 AM
I should qualify my earlier response. I've only shot pistols with either smooth front straps or 25/30lpi checkering. I've never shot one with some of the other treatments. How does it affect the grip? Of all my 1911's, my Wiley Clapp Colt has checkered front strap and MSH - 30lpi. It's still easy to keep a good grip after 200 rounds at that range.

Lane

GoldenVolt
01-29-2012, 07:21 AM
IMHO get one done in each 1911, that should make you Happy........

I prefer chainlink.............

Clyde

Hay Chief,

you think you could loan me some money to get both???????? Hehehehehe........:D

Greg

GoldenVolt
01-29-2012, 07:42 AM
chain link I think is really nice. My STI is dressed up with chain link and I think it looks very sharp......but that is what I like.....

Chainlink:D Chainlink:D Chainlink:D

Ok for real.... I'd go with the chainlink myself!:cool:

Thank you both for your input..........

This is going to be a range gun, It will not be a carry gun.

Originally I had Dave quote Snake Skin treatment on front strap and BOB tail with Ed Brown's Bobbed Snake Skin MSH...............

I'm now leaning more and more toward Chain Link FS and a Ed Brown Chain Link 2 piece Maxi Well MSH.

I'm having the barrel flush cut and re-crowned @ 45*.............
Should I get an over-sized thick BB installed???? :confused: I think I should. :D

Greg

GoldenVolt
01-29-2012, 07:46 AM
I should qualify my earlier response. I've only shot pistols with either smooth front straps or 25/30lpi checkering. I've never shot one with some of the other treatments. How does it affect the grip? Of all my 1911's, my Wiley Clapp Colt has checkered front strap and MSH - 30lpi. It's still easy to keep a good grip after 200 rounds at that range.

Lane

Lane, I'm not sure about the Chain Link pattern.

I would think the Snake Skin pattern would feel like a cheese grader....:D

Greg

deldago
01-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Another vote for the chain link.I think it looks better and is more fuctional on a range gun.And you always look cooler at the range when you HIT the target!:D