PDA

View Full Version : Nobody even notices

Shark1007
11-17-2015, 07:52 AM
I'm wearing an ugly torso brace that looks like a bomb jacket since my surgery. I probably look like an easy target.

On how to carry, the ankle holster is out, once I got down it would take a wrecker to get me up.

I have been using one of those Tommy's gun pack small waist packs to carry a Kahr PM9 and spare mag. While it's so terribly obvious to me, I've been to a lot of places and never even a second glance.

Everybody is in their own world, every fanny pack I see I suspect. Apparently the awareness factor is pretty elusive these days.

Xbonz
11-17-2015, 08:29 AM
I'm wearing an ugly torso brace that looks like a bomb jacket since my surgery. I probably look like an easy target.

On how to carry, the ankle holster is out, once I got down it would take a wrecker to get me up.

I have been using one of those Tommy's gun pack small waist packs to carry a Kahr PM9 and spare mag. While it's so terribly obvious to me, I've been to a lot of places and never even a second glance.

Everybody is in their own world, every fanny pack I see I suspect. Apparently the awareness factor is pretty elusive these days.

Exactly what the BG's count on..

BTW, glad you're up and around..

milkmanjoe
11-17-2015, 08:43 AM
You're healing and you're carrying...life is good and getting better

RKP
11-17-2015, 08:46 AM

^^ Well said and I agree !

Caleb
11-17-2015, 09:31 AM
We won't remove your man card because of your surgeries. Glad you are up and about. I agree, everybody is into themselves and not paying attention to thier surroundings.

What about a shoulder holster? Miami Vise style.

DaFadda
11-17-2015, 09:39 AM
"Everybody is in their own world, every fanny pack I see I suspect. Apparently the awareness factor is pretty elusive these days."

I haven't worn a fanny pack since the early 80's... nor do most people that I know... with the exception of when traveling out of the country on vacation.

That said, awareness IS elusive these days. if the bad guys know what a fanny pack is for... maybe I should pull one out from the closet and wear it even when I'm NOT carrying. To be sure... the bad guys make their living by having a good "awareness factor". They won't bother you if they think there's an easier mark out there.

DaFadda

Gatorade
11-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Hiding in plain sight. I had a fanny pack holster in the early 90's when I rode a bicycle to work. I still have it and use it once in a while. The only looks I get are from people in the know. I have made many people with them. The pull cord poking out between the zippers is a dead give away. I even started up a conversation with a carrier in the store I worked at. He was completly at a loss for words and even then made it very clear he was not going to confirm or deny if he had anything in the fanny pack that he wore across his chest like a chest rig holster. I said no big deal but I was just curious how much reaction he got while carrying like that. He said I was the first to actually say anything. From the wear and as comfortable as he was wearing it, it looked like he had been carrying in a fanny pack for quite a while. Most ones that scream tactical fanny pack are on people who look like off duty LEO. Guess they don't care if they get questioned on it as they have a badge to present.

Shark1007
11-17-2015, 06:38 PM
You should have seen TSA when I flew back from Callie wearing the big black jacket with straps etc. I had to show them some medical records to calm them down.

I'm just amazed at the folks stumbling along paying attention to nothing. I do have a 1911 sized fanny pack, but don't think I will push it too far. Two fanny packs might look suspicious.

I'm ready with my answer "it's a morphine infusion pump" and don't get to use it!

Thanks for the kind words, friends. It's heartening to be part of a group of decent well meaning folk who don't argue about everything. Caleb, thanks for allowing me to keep the man card. If things will just stop hurting so bad, I'd love to go shoot..... wait a minute, that's perhaps what the .22 "gold cup" 1911 is for. The recoil spring must be one pound, easy breezy.

pitor
11-18-2015, 03:55 PM

What Joe said, glad to hear you're out and about. I have a waist pack from Walmart's brand "Outdoors", looks pretty awesome and is small but big enough to barely fit my Gluck G19 when needed.

TLE2
11-18-2015, 06:03 PM
Heal quickly!

BeerHunter
11-28-2015, 08:21 AM
So how's the healing going? Hope you're feeling better each day!

pony up
11-28-2015, 04:22 PM
Happy to hear you are keeping on and praying progress continues.