PDA

View Full Version : Syrian Refugees

dw1911
11-22-2015, 09:57 PM
http://comicincorrect.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/Syrian-trojan-600-CI.jpg

Sheepdog
11-22-2015, 10:02 PM
funnyThats dead on.

TLE2
11-22-2015, 10:05 PM
It says "Give us your tired, your poor yearning to be free" on the statue. It doesn't include, IMHO, persons who want to overthrow our government, hurt or kill our people, or live like your still in the old country.

Come to America, join in to make it great. Otherwise, stay where you are!!

Lonestar grips.
11-22-2015, 10:08 PM
It says "Give us your tired, your poor yearning to be free" on the statue. It doesn't include, IMHO, persons who want to overthrow our government, hurt or kill our people, or live like your still in the old country.

this^^^^^^^

RKP
11-22-2015, 10:13 PM

VERY well said !!

skosh69
11-22-2015, 10:22 PM
That cartoon is dead on!!!

I'm curious as to why none of the middle eastern countries are accepting the Syrian refugees? I mean, isn't Saudi Arabia, Iran, Irag, etc, etc much closer to them than Europe and America?

Oh that's right, they can't cause any harm in those countries, only in Europe and here. WTF was I thinking? :facepalm2:

OHEng
11-23-2015, 07:44 AM
I'm curious as to why none of the middle eastern countries are accepting the Syrian refugees? I mean, isn't Saudi Arabia, Iran, Irag, etc, etc much closer to them than Europe and America?

Some of the refugees are Christian and aren't exactly welcome in those other countries. Some are from different schools of Muslim faith (Sunni vs. Shiite for example) and are equally unwelcome.

7.62Kolectr
11-23-2015, 09:45 AM
Buries head in close minded nonsense.....
To preface, I think this country has enough problems and we do not need to take refugees from any country. I do agree the other gulf states should step up and take more in. But let's not forget there are already camps in Lebanon and Jordan as well as Egypt with hundreds of thousands of refugees there.

Having said that the current process for a Syrian refugee to legally come here as they want takes over two years. You honestly think an Isis agent would go thru a two year long process just so they could come here and do something bad?
7 out of 8 of the Paris attackers had valid passports from European countries. And it has not been proven that the 8th got there illegally with refugees.
I don't doubt Isis desires to do us harm. But they have better easier ways of a accomplishing this without using refugees who waited years to come here.

This is the same panic fear which wound up doing away with a historical symbol called the Battle Flag of No Virginia. Just knee jerk you're now safe reaction. It's laughable.

skosh69
11-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Some of the refugees are Christian and aren't exactly welcome in those other countries. Some are from different schools of Muslim faith (Sunni vs. Shiite for example) and are equally unwelcome.

Roger that, I somehow managed to forget that part. Thank you.

flphotog
11-23-2015, 10:46 AM

That pretty much describes a large percentage of immigrants these days. People used to come here to build a better life and integrate into the society, that's been changing for a long time. Just look at the number of immigrants today who don't even bother learning the language, they do however expect all of the free benefits they can get.
So much for "building" a better life.

7.62Kolectr
11-23-2015, 01:25 PM
That pretty much describes a large percentage of immigrants these days. People used to come here to build a better life and integrate into the society, that's been changing for a long time. Just look at the number of immigrants today who don't even bother learning the language, they do however expect all of the free benefits they can get.
So much for "building" a better life.

And they used to give the citizenship test in only one language, English.
You didn't learn it you could understand much less pass the test. People used to struggle to learn English in order to pass the test. Now they give the test in over 30 languages no English neccesary.
I remember when I went to my mother in laws ceremony they were all waving the little flags they got and TRYING to sing the Natl Anthem for the event and all I could see and hear were people who had no idea what they were saying or why? Just wave the flag and get your cert is all it was to them. I didn't really see much joy in people's eyes either.

Sad place we've become....

flphotog
11-23-2015, 04:59 PM
And they used to give the citizenship test in only one language, English.
You didn't learn it you could understand much less pass the test. People used to struggle to learn English in order to pass the test. Now they give the test in over 30 languages no English neccesary.
I remember when I went to my mother in laws ceremony they were all waving the little flags they got and TRYING to sing the Natl Anthem for the event and all I could see and hear were people who had no idea what they were saying or why? Just wave the flag and get your cert is all it was to them. I didn't really see much joy in people's eyes either.

Sad place we've become....

I agree, it is Sad and even sadder that it's getting worse. Sometimes it's good to be old, I won't be around to see how bad it really gets.