TLE2
11-24-2015, 12:05 AM
Really?

skosh69
11-24-2015, 12:35 AM
You have got to be shi**ing me?????

skosh69
11-24-2015, 12:40 AM
Hold on....checked it out on snopes....it's a mixture of truth snd rumor.

Still pisses me off that we have to bow down to being PC to others about what we can and can't say!!!

http://www.snopes.com/obama-va-merry-christmas-tree-ban/

OHEng
11-24-2015, 12:18 PM
You know, I've always thought the best way to really flesh out how deeply people value this kind of nonsense is to make them work on Christmas day. What possible reason could they have for wanting that particular day off, given that there are 89 other possible "winter" days they could choose from among without fear of offending anyone?

No more of this closing offices early on the 24th either, for the same reason. Further, no more reducing operating hours any time between Thanksgiving and New Years because there would be no reason to. It would make more sense to do that around President's Day... that's in the winter.

If those rules were imposed I would bet there would be utter panic among these civil servants and suddenly there would be a good reason to have a Christmas tree that wasn't offending someone somewhere.

Finally, does anyone else notice that these folks who are or might be offended are always nebulous wraiths that never seem to have a face or a name, unless there is actually a person named Fear Of Offending?

Lonestar grips.
11-24-2015, 01:20 PM
Hold on....checked it out on snopes....it's a mixture of truth snd rumor.

Still pisses me off that we have to bow down to being PC to others about what we can and can't say!!!

http://www.snopes.com/obama-va-merry-christmas-tree-ban/

PC only applies if you're a Christian. if you're a rag headed goat humper, a Liberal, or if your people have been oppressed by the white man at any time in the last 500 years you apparently have the right to say and do whatever you want.

every year people always tell me "happy holidays" and I will forever reply "Merry Christmas!"

screw Obummer.:flagwave:

TLE2
11-24-2015, 09:08 PM
I always disliked having to use "Happy Holidays" in the workplace. However, to people I knew well, it was always "Merry Christmas". Every department had a Christmas tree, the company had a very nice Christmas lunch every year.

I never heard of anyone refusing to eat for free because of religious objections.

Caleb
11-24-2015, 09:45 PM
Screw'em, Merry Christmas All!!!!

Leatherman-Cowboy
11-24-2015, 09:49 PM
Screw'em, Merry Christmas All!!!!

This!!!

I say the same ---screw em

Thank you

Henry

Gatorade
11-25-2015, 07:46 AM
I say what I want to them, they say what they want back to me. Done.

Shark1007
11-26-2015, 10:55 AM
I am thankful today that this isn't true. It's haters spreading hate. The day you could trust the media is long gone.