PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: No More Colt 1911s In California?

dw1911
12-28-2015, 06:52 PM
http://bearingarms.com/breaking-colt-1911s-california/?utm_source=badaily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nl

RKP
12-28-2015, 06:57 PM
:(...:facepalm:

Riverpigusmc
12-28-2015, 07:39 PM
idiots

Caleb
12-28-2015, 07:43 PM
What makes the commander ok and not the rest?

Riverpigusmc
12-28-2015, 07:51 PM

Reckon they figure it's like a p*cker. Shorter causes less damage. Ask Ellison

RKP
12-28-2015, 07:52 PM
Reckon they figure it's like a p*cker. Shorter causes less damage. Ask Ellison

funny

sdmc530
12-28-2015, 08:13 PM
this is just stoopid..no logic in CA!

Gatorade
12-28-2015, 09:56 PM

Right now those officials are scratching their heads saying the same thing. So let's go ahead and take the commander off the list as well.

Just to be safe.

You know, for the children.

dw1911
12-28-2015, 10:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=EHAnTa_cxEg

milkmanjoe
12-28-2015, 11:30 PM
I love California, they skip the joke and just live the punchline.

pony up
12-29-2015, 12:04 AM
:mad:California is a special kind of stoopid. Not just stoopid but proud to be so and staying up late dreaming of new way to demonstrate that stoopidity to us all.

pitor
12-29-2015, 05:55 AM
Idiots. Why can't they just secede and become their own country?

Caleb
12-29-2015, 07:41 AM
I say we go in, get Ellison out and blow that state at the fault line . Send it out into the ocean and call it an island.

milkmanjoe
12-29-2015, 07:42 AM
I say we go in, get Ellison out and blow that state at the fault line . Send it out into the ocean and call it an island.

I ain't blowin' anything that has California on it.....

RandallZ
12-29-2015, 09:51 AM
I'm sure as heck looking to move outta here. But, this looks more like Colt has decided to not play the game in CA. If they make a change to the 1911, as the article mentions, they'd have to re-apply and pay to be on the "approved" list. I'm guessing no changes to the Commander so it stays approved, and I'm betting they're just saying 'up yours' to California for the rest of the 1911 line.

Randall

Gatorade
12-29-2015, 02:05 PM
I'm sure as heck looking to move outta here. But, this looks more like Colt has decided to not play the game in CA. If they make a change to the 1911, as the article mentions, they'd have to re-apply and pay to be on the "approved" list. I'm guessing no changes to the Commander so it stays approved, and I'm betting they're just saying 'up yours' to California for the rest of the 1911 line.

Randall

I would be willing to bet the legislature in CA is perfectly happy with that. As long as the LEO contracts aren't hampered they would be perfectly happy to let every firearm drop off the list of every manufacturer.

milkmanjoe
12-29-2015, 05:51 PM
I would be willing to bet the legislature in CA is perfectly happy with that. As long as the LEO contracts aren't hampered they would be perfectly happy to let every firearm drop off the list of every manufacturer.

Eeeeyup...and close gun stores.

skosh69
12-29-2015, 06:22 PM
Its other just Colt. S&W pulled its M&P line except the Shield + their 1911 line up and so did Ruger last year.

Our approved list is shrinking & shriveling faster than pigs manhood.

Meh, doesn't bother me any, I never saw the allure of the Colt 1911, unless it was one of the older, truer Colts.

Plenty of other 1911's still for sale :D

Lonestar grips.
12-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Its other just Colt. S&W pulled its M&P line except the Shield + their 1911 line up and so did Ruger last year.

Our approved list is shrinking & shriveling faster than pigs manhood.

Meh, doesn't bother me any, I never saw the allure of the Colt 1911, unless it was one of the older, truer Colts.

Plenty of other 1911's still for sale :D

for now. give cali time and you wont be able to buy a rubber band gun lol.

7.62Kolectr
12-29-2015, 07:51 PM
There is absolutely ZERO info in that 'article' if one can call it that?
Now why how or what? Writer of the article must reside in California and be as stupid as they are.

RKP
12-29-2015, 09:36 PM
for now. give cali time and you wont be able to buy a rubber band gun lol.

Exactly !

skosh69
12-29-2015, 09:37 PM
There is absolutely ZERO info in that 'article' if one can call it that?
Now why how or what? Writer of the article must reside in California and be as stupid as they are.

Here we go again :facepalm:

Go back and re-read the last part of the first paragraph.

Let me try and help you understand California gun laws.

California law mandates that any changes to an already approved gun results in that model needing to be re-submitted for testing and approval. Colt obviously does not want to go through the process again. Maybe they feel the new model won't pass or maybe they just want to say FU to the state of Cali.

But according you we're stupid here so you may want to research this matter and not believe what I just wrote.

Signed,
An apparently stupid Californian.

pitor
12-29-2015, 09:53 PM

Randall
Maybe the real story here is that by not playing California's game and re-applying, Colt is telling the gun owners of that state to get off of their arses and fight for their rights by voting people into office that will respect and follow the Second Amendment of the Bill of Rights.

Elli, love you bro but your state is so weird and ass-backward when it comes to guns I'm at a loss for words. Didn't mean to call you an idiot in my first post. Pinos rawk?

7.62Kolectr
12-29-2015, 11:44 PM
Here we go again :facepalm:

Go back and re-read the last part of the first paragraph.

Let me try and help you understand California gun laws.

California law mandates that any changes to an already approved gun results in that model needing to be re-submitted for testing and approval. Colt obviously does not want to go through the process again. Maybe they feel the new model won't pass or maybe they just want to say FU to the state of Cali.

But according you we're stupid here so you may want to research this matter and not believe what I just wrote.

Signed,
An apparently stupid Californian.

I'm on an iPhone and the whole article is like three sentences? If you refer to the first sentence talking about how if a gun is changed it has to be approved again I see and saw that. So what exactly is Colt changing on the 1911? Not in article. Why are they changing it? Not in article. There's a lot that's not in the three or four sentences I see. Could BearingArms not have waited a bit to gather more info so they could post some real information? Or did they wanna be first to ring the red alarm bell?
And by 'they' being stupid I meant the govt that passes the laws there which you have to live by.

Riverpigusmc
12-30-2015, 01:19 PM
settle down fellers

7.62Kolectr
12-30-2015, 04:19 PM
If there's more to the article on the 'full site' than maybe I missed something?
But the mobile version is extremely lacking in facts and real info.

skosh69
12-30-2015, 11:11 PM
settle down fellers

Sorry, forgot this was Flotep and Flotep'rs are allowed to say anything and about anyone, what was I thinking??? :facepalm2:

GD2A
12-30-2015, 11:15 PM
Sorry, I forgot Flotep has it's privileges.

I haven't come around much in the past several months but I see dead horses are making a comeback - lol!

Happy New Year to all, from that Southeastern state that shall remain nameless. funny

7.62Kolectr
12-30-2015, 11:42 PM
Sorry, forgot this was Flotep and Flotep'rs are allowed to say anything and about anyone, what was I thinking??? :facepalm2:

If I lived in a cave in the jungles of Botswana I still would have said the same thing. Being a Flotep'r or whatever you call it has nothing to do with it. I tried to clarify my post to make you feel better. If an outright apology is what is needed to cool you off than so be it.
I'm sorry I called people that live in the land of fruit loops stupid. :D

Lonestar grips.
12-31-2015, 12:37 AM

RKP
12-31-2015, 08:06 AM
I have now added this thread to an ever growing list of threads I’ve titled … ‘Problem Posts’, this makes #12, so far, on said list. Believe it or not, the way I’ve discovered the vast majority of the ‘Problem Posts’ is by viewing what our ‘guests’ are looking at by going to: Quick Links / Who’s Online. It’s amazing? what our ‘guests’ dig up and read about COTEP.

Riverpigusmc
12-31-2015, 09:48 PM
The conservative folks in California are outnumbered by the moonbats. This in no way is a reflection on the normal folks intelligence. I will not tolerate arguing or insults. Period