PDA

View Full Version : Shooting at the Plaza Theatre in orlando. I'm livid

pitor
06-11-2016, 01:43 PM
Hello family.

I'm sad sad sad today. A beloved musician and inspirational young woman was targeted and shot dead while performing for her fans at The Plaza Theatre in Orlando. I was planning to go see see her but something came up.

I'm in tears and mad as hell. She was a Youtube sensation and a finalist on The Voice, which means that probably some sick twisted mother***** was infatuated with her and her beautiful personality, a deranged psycho that our system one more time allowed to fall through the cracks.

We do not need gun control, but we desperately need mental health reforms and institutions.

Sad day for the music industry and the world.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entertainment/orlando-christina-grimmie-shot/

FfNJGTFO
06-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Hello family.

I'm sad sad sad today. A beloved musician and inspirational young woman was targeted and shot dead while performing for her fans at The Plaza Theatre in Orlando. I was planning to go see see her but something came up.

I'm in tears and mad as hell. She was a Youtube sensation and a finalist on The Voice, which means that probably some sick twisted mother***** was infatuated with her and her beautiful personality, a deranged psycho that our system one more time allowed to fall through the cracks.

We do not need gun control, but we desperately need mental health reforms and institutions.

Sad day for the music industry and the world.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/11/entertainment/orlando-christina-grimmie-shot/

Very tragic. Apparently, the perp had traveled from a different location in FL to Orlando to commit this act. The reports are speculating that he may have been a "deranged fan..."

Furthermore, the perp took his own life after he took hers.... It would appear that Ms. Grimmie's brother tackled the perp right after the shooting, but the perp shot himself before he could be arrested.

May she rest in peace, and he, 180 degrees in the other direction. :mad:

Caleb
06-11-2016, 02:27 PM
Saw this on the news this morning. So sad indeed, poor girl didn't get to see the future she was going to have. Prayers for the family and friends. It IS a sad day.

sdmc530
06-11-2016, 03:19 PM
This is crazy. Very sad deal.

7.62Kolectr
06-11-2016, 04:03 PM
Very sad indeed. But deranged fans usually stalk stars or try to get close to them.
To travel that distance only to walk up and shoot her makes me think there is more to the story yet to be discovered. Deranged boyfriend she kicked to the curb or something?

No excuse for sure but I think more will come out and it will be shown these two knew each other.

TLE2
06-11-2016, 07:37 PM
She had talent, looks and personality. He didn't. It wasn't fair.

WRONG!!!!

FfNJGTFO
06-11-2016, 07:56 PM
She had talent, looks and personality. He didn't. It wasn't fair.

WRONG!!!!

And the tragedy is, unless the authorities can find something on his cell phone or by searching his living quarters, we may never know what motivated him. I'm hearing reports that he had no priors and (more importantly), no social media presence. Thus, no "on line manifesto" or anything. :mad:

BlackKnight
06-12-2016, 11:07 AM
Kind of reminds me of Selena's murder.
Sad.

Caleb
06-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Sad.

Yes it does.

FfNJGTFO
06-12-2016, 11:33 AM
Sad.

A little. Except that, IIRC, Selena knew her assailant. A fan club president, as I recall, and some dispute about the club and/or Salena's involvement in it. My understanding is, currently, that there is no indication that Ms. Grimmie or the assailant ever met each other.

Arley
06-12-2016, 09:15 PM
Very sad couple of days .