PDA

View Full Version : Watch your muzzle!!!!

skosh69
07-04-2016, 01:46 PM
It's hard to believe these stories continue to happen. :facepalm:

Seriously.. control your muzzle at all times.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teen-acc...ad-police-say/

"According to police, Stephen J. Brumby, 14, and his dad, William C. Brumby, 64, were practicing in a shooting lane against a wall when the accident took place.

"After firing a round, the spent shell casing struck the wall causing it to deflect and fall into the back of (the elder) Mr. Brumby's shirt. Brumby then used his right hand, which was holding the handgun, in an attempt to remove the casing. While doing so, he inadvertently pointed the firearm directly behind him and accidently fired," a police statement reads."

FfNJGTFO
07-04-2016, 02:14 PM
It's hard to believe these stories continue to happen. :facepalm:

Seriously.. control your muzzle at all times.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/teen-acc...ad-police-say/

For a while, Fox news was reporting that the boy had shot himself, but they have since corrected that report.

Very tragic. I've had brass hit me as well from the port to my left. It's made me "situationally aware" of it such that I don't react to it anymore. I've even had a couple land in my polo shirt front pocket.

It's all about the SA and the discipline. I think of all the lives that were saved in combat because a DI got after their recruits for "whacking that little sand flea."

AFJuvat
07-04-2016, 02:16 PM
Tragic.

Sadly just another example of unsafe handling resulting in a death.

skosh69
07-04-2016, 02:21 PM
On one of the first outings with my wife, she had a hot casing land between "the girls". I warned her not to wear a low cut top, but she wouldn't listen.

I was behind her and to the right and saw the whole thing happening and was concerned how she was going to react.

Thankfully, she had the brains and awareness to put the pistol down on the shooting bench, she had taken the NRA "Women on Target" shooting course recently, before jumping up and down trying to remove the hot casing.

She has never worn another low cut top shooting.

sdmc530
07-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Wow sad. Usually smart people forgetting what the danger involved is and making a bad mistake.

pitor
07-04-2016, 10:42 PM
Wow sad. Usually smart people forgetting what the danger involved is and making a bad mistake.
Sorry but the father wasn't smart at all. Very unsafe and completely unaware of the dangers of improper muzzle and trigger finger control

AFJuvat
07-05-2016, 09:33 AM
See poor muzzle and trigger discipline all the time. I've gotten to the point I don't go to indoor ranges unless there is only 1 or 2 people there.

Everyone I have taught to shoot learns that the first thing you do when there is a problem is to put the gun down with the muzzle down-range.

RKP
07-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Preventable / Yes indeed
Sad / Very much so

...... I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

:(

Riverpigusmc
07-05-2016, 09:55 PM
I do not shoot in a concrete box with strange civilians, and would NEVER take Jake to one

RKP
07-05-2016, 09:59 PM
I do not shoot in a concrete box with strange civilians, and would NEVER take Jake to one

...... nor do I.

SharpestJim
07-06-2016, 03:40 PM
This is just sad on so many levels:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/05/father-says-not-gun-killed-son-at-shooting-range.html

But at least the father is taking responsibility for his actions. If you live by the four rules, something like this will not happen. "Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target." The dad violated that rule and his son is dead.

Again, sad.

Riverpigusmc
07-06-2016, 04:41 PM
Merged