PDA

View Full Version : Mounted

sdmc530
01-09-2017, 02:38 PM
Got my Christmas good mounted today........:D

The other mount out front is for my Bike computer and my go pro.

Caleb
01-09-2017, 04:29 PM
Cool beans

BadOscar
01-09-2017, 07:48 PM
wow, skinny bars, long stem. I just ordered a set of carbon riser bars and a stem for my new bike.

Caleb
01-09-2017, 08:10 PM
wow, skinny bars, long stem. I just ordered a set of carbon riser bars and a stem for my new bike.

Nice! I just upgraded my 29er with some goodies. New Maxxis Minion tires, 20 degree stem, new low rise bar, new ergo grips, new skinny pedals, new single narrow wide chainring, and removed front derailer and shifter. She rides so smooth and grips like pig at a nudy bar.

sdmc530
01-09-2017, 09:19 PM

Carbon is a fad!!! Actually if not so damn expensive I would have a few more carbon parts myself. For now only my forks are carbon.

Nice! I just upgraded my 29er with some goodies. New Maxxis Minion tires, 20 degree stem, new low rise bar, new ergo grips, new skinny pedals, new single narrow wide chainring, and removed front derailer and shifter. She rides so smooth and grips like pig at a nudy bar.

No pics or it didn't happen!!! Not the pig at a bar either nobody wants to see that.

sdmc530
01-09-2017, 09:20 PM

It just hit me a new bike!!!! What did you get?

Caleb
01-09-2017, 10:23 PM
It just hit me a new bike!!!! What did you get?

Do tell.....

sdmc530
01-10-2017, 10:26 AM
not one of these fat tire bikes I hope...if so I will send you a pair of skinny jeans and a beanie

Caleb
01-10-2017, 10:51 AM
not one of these fat tire bikes I hope...if so I will send you a pair of skinny jeans and a beanie

I say send him those jeans anyways! Lol

Caleb
01-10-2017, 11:00 AM
http://i.imgur.com/l9J6VXF.jpg

skosh69
01-10-2017, 01:34 PM
Saw the title was by Phil and most responses were from Caleb...I was really worried about what the topic was.

sdmc530
01-10-2017, 02:43 PM

that is yummy brother! Turned out cracken!!

Saw the title was by Phil and most responses were from Caleb...I was really worried about what the topic was.

I will start anther thread in a couple of hours that will make up for you let down.....

BadOscar
01-13-2017, 12:35 AM
Sweet 29er Caleb. That's a really good looking bike.

I got a 2016 left over Sc0tt Genius Phil. There are a few more pics in my Strava. I totally love it but even at half of MSRP it still costed me more than the car I am currently driving. It's the 710 model with a carbon fiber frame and Al chain stay. It's not a plus bike but it's close now. I replaced the rims with some wide WTB ASYM i35's and I put a 2.5 WTB Breakout in the front and a 2.4 Vittoria Goma in the back. I put the new carbon fiber fat bars and stem on tonight. It weighed 27 lbs when I picked it up. Don't have a scale so i'm not sure what it weighs now but sure it gained at least a pound from the bigger tires and rims.

http://www.oceanpalace.com/alex/genius.jpg

http://www.oceanpalace.com/alex/bars.jpg

Caleb
01-13-2017, 07:49 AM
Thanks Alex, not bad yourself! Those S cott bikes are awesome.

sdmc530
01-13-2017, 09:13 AM
That thing is awesome....hydo brakes too. Man that is a fine machine buddy. The rare occasion I am allowed to get a new bike I always get it in the fall and get a great deal on last years model. Brand new but 1/2 the price and most companies only change colors from year to year anyways. No better way to go!!!

Nice set up!

BadOscar
01-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Why not just ride in the snow doughnut?

http://www.oceanpalace.com/alex/snomo.jpg

sdmc530
01-15-2017, 12:54 AM
Well honestly i am a big sissy. Our trails are all paved and riding a snow and ice covered paved trail sucks to crash on. So I stopped riding until trails are clear. City actually does plow and sweep sll 29 miles of city bike trail until January 1st. Big deal to ride the New Years day ride here if you can tolerate the -5 degrees. Its a lot of fun but after then no
Maintaining for obviously good reason of cost. So i go to tje gym and ride on a trainer.
Indoor riding does suck but scenery is always good.

pitor
01-15-2017, 11:06 AM
Wonderful looking bikes gents, ride and enjoy :)

Pedro U

Pirate
01-15-2017, 11:22 AM
Making me want to get a new bike, mine doesn't shift anymore and the rear wheel bearings are bad.. Looking into it, may be cheaper to buy a new bike vs repair a 20 year old Raleigh..

pitor
01-15-2017, 11:27 AM
I have a good Motobecane that needs a little TLC and a new suspension fork, so I need to get it fixed sooner than later, and get the wife a new bkie! I don't ride much in Orlando, too hot and people drive crazy!

sdmc530
01-15-2017, 04:25 PM
Making me want to get a new bike, mine doesn't shift anymore and the rear wheel bearings are bad.. Looking into it, may be cheaper to buy a new bike vs repair a 20 year old Raleigh..

yeah....probably not worth the $$$. bikes are like cars, don't get more valuable with age except with a few exceptions and there is nothing better than new technology!!

sdmc530
01-15-2017, 04:26 PM
I have a good Motobecane that needs a little TLC and a new suspension fork, so I need to get it fixed sooner than later, and get the wife a new bkie! I don't ride much in Orlando, too hot and people drive crazy!

pics.....Moto's were the sh^t back in the day...

BadOscar
01-15-2017, 08:24 PM
Free range ride today to the beavers house. Nice blue sky day 28 degrees. This is his iced over pond. Trees are all dead, the blue heron nest in the tops but have flown south for the winter.

http://www.oceanpalace.com/alex/pond.jpg

RKP
01-15-2017, 08:27 PM
^^^ Now we're talking, beautiful scenery / pic Alex !! http://www.cotep.org/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif

sdmc530
01-15-2017, 08:58 PM
Very nice Alex!!!

BadOscar
04-15-2017, 09:35 PM

First ride on the new light weight Maxxis Recon's Caleb. 2.6 rear / 2.8 front.
I found this sunny spot without any snow today doughnut.

http://www.oceanpalace.com/cotep/recon.jpg

sdmc530
04-15-2017, 10:22 PM
That scott is so sweeeet!!! Love the blayn green

Caleb
04-15-2017, 10:42 PM
That's awesome bro, how do you like them? I'm so glad I upgraded to Maxxis Minions, the grip on soft packed trails is amazing.

Is that a dropper post I see on your ride? If so, how often do you use it?

BadOscar
04-16-2017, 12:16 AM
That's awesome bro, how do you like them? I'm so glad I upgraded to Maxxis Minions, the grip on soft packed trails is amazing.

Is that a dropper post I see on your ride? If so, how often do you use it?

I really like the Recon's. They are wider and 1.5 lbs lighter then the tires I took off. I really noticed the weight loss in the front. Trails are 50% bad / 50% horrible right now. Mud, snow, standing water, ice, slush. The big Recon's did really good staying on top of most of it. The dropper is great too and I do use it but not constantly. On trails I mostly like the seat slightly lower than normal. So the dropper comes in real handy when i'm on long flats or camp roads and I want the seat up higher.

sdmc530
04-16-2017, 12:39 AM
You guys are crazy. Roads should be smooth flat and fast.

Caleb
04-16-2017, 11:14 AM
I really like the Recon's. They are wider and 1.5 lbs lighter then the tires I took off. I really noticed the weight loss in the front. Trails are 50% bad / 50% horrible right now. Mud, snow, standing water, ice, slush. The big Recon's did really good staying on top of most of it. The dropper is great too and I do use it but not constantly. On trails I mostly like the seat slightly lower than normal. So the dropper comes in real handy when i'm on long flats or camp roads and I want the seat up higher.

Cool beans. I've been thinking about investing (they are $$$$) in one. You can see in my pic how low my seat is. I usually keep it that way because I don't ride smooth terrain very often. So, I'd rather have the clearance for jumps and stuff. I'll have to look into it some more. Thanks.

Caleb
04-16-2017, 11:16 AM
You guys are crazy. Roads should be smooth flat and fast.

My buddy and I plan on doing some urban riding and tear up the downtown area. It'll include lots of stairs (firecrackers as it's called) and ledge gaps along the way. Should be fun.

Pirate
04-16-2017, 11:26 AM
I miss riding off road, Not to many hills in these parts. I used to do a lot of trails back in the day. But sadly my gear shifts have seized and a wheel bearing has gone bad keeping me in one speed. May be time for a new bike knowing the wife wants to ride as well. Both kids are able to ride (one still on training wheels)

Riverpigusmc
04-16-2017, 11:31 AM
I either ride my F150, my John Deere or my boat

sdmc530
04-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Yes that does sound fun. But healing takes too long

sdmc530
04-16-2017, 02:02 PM

Don't you have s mule or something too!! funny

Caleb
04-16-2017, 04:33 PM
I miss riding off road, Not to many hills in these parts. I used to do a lot of trails back in the day. But sadly my gear shifts have seized and a wheel bearing has gone bad keeping me in one speed. May be time for a new bike knowing the wife wants to ride as well. Both kids are able to ride (one still on training wheels)

Find out when your local bike shop starts selling last years models on discount and get yourself a. Ice bike for way less than New but, new.

:facepalm:

Yes that does sound fun. But healing takes too long

Only if you crash!

Don't you have s mule or something too!! funny

Lol funny