PDA

View Full Version : Pulled the trigger on a Sig P320c, very pleased!

pitor
02-27-2017, 02:47 PM
Hello guys.

I went to my LGS (East Orange Shooting Sports in Winter Park, FL) with the intention of buying a S&W 9c after watching many reviews and opinions on it. I don't like Glocks, they are butt ugly and blocky, and yes utterly reliable (I carried a G19 for many years). The grip angle on the Glocks doesn't feel right to me anymore.

After pawing the S&W 9c, I asked Mike (store clerk) to let me see the FNS 9c, wow great trigger but the butt of the gun was a bit awkward in my hand, it didn't feel right. I did love the way the FNS slide is milled, really good looking with great profile.

To confuse my brain even further, I asked Mike to bring out the Sig p320c... wow wow wow, the trigger was crisp and the reset was perfect for me. The feel in my hand was amazing, it melted into my palm and became one with my hand and arm, talk about "point-ability". I was torn, very torn. I had studied how to fully disassemble the MP9c via youtube videos (down to the bare frame and slide), I could probably do it with my eyes closed.

But the Sig was calling my name, my hand longed to hold it and point with it. I gave in and bought it, and I'm one happy camper. I still need to shoot it but from all the reviews I've read (after purchase) I think I made the right choice. It's the only compact gun besides the G19 that holds 15+1 and it came with an OWB holster. Good deal. Admittedly the FNS 9c was the best bang for the buck, as it comes with three mags, one 12 rd flush, one 12 rd with the pinky extension, and a 17 rd with a grip adapter.

I got the Sig p320c with night sights for $599. The M&P 9c was 499.00 but there was no way that stock spongy trigger was going to work, so that was another 90.00 that I would have to invest in the Apex Carry/Duty trigger kit. So the Sig at a higher price WITH night sights made perfect sense.

That's it, I'm happy.

P

FfNJGTFO
02-27-2017, 02:56 PM
Hello guys.

I went to my LGS (East Orange Shooting Sports in Winter Park, FL) with the intention of buying a S&W 9c after watching many reviews and opinions on it. I don't like Glocks, they are butt ugly and blocky, and yes utterly reliable (I carried a G19 for many years). The grip angle on the Glocks doesn't feel right to me anymore.

After pawing the S&W 9c, I asked Mike (store clerk) to let me see the FNS 9c, wow great trigger but the butt of the gun was a bit awkward in my hand, it didn't feel right. I did love the way the FNS slide is milled, really good looking with great profile.

To confuse my brain even further, I asked Mike to bring out the Sig p320c... wow wow wow, the trigger was crisp and the reset was perfect for me. The feel in my hand was amazing, it melted into my palm and became one with my hand and arm, talk about "point-ability". I was torn, very torn. I had studied how to fully disassemble the MP9c via youtube videos (down to the bare frame and slide), I could probably do it with my eyes closed.

But the Sig was calling my name, my hand longed to hold it and point with it. I gave in and bought it, and I'm one happy camper. I still need to shoot it but from all the reviews I've read (after purchase) I think I made the right choice. It's the only compact gun besides the G19 that holds 15+1 and it came with an OWB holster. Good deal. Admittedly the FNS 9c was the best bang for the buck, as it comes with three mags, one 12 rd flush, one 12 rd with the pinky extension, and a 17 rd with a grip adapter.

I got the Sig p320c with night sights for $599. The M&P 9c was 499.00 but there was no way that stock spongy trigger was going to work, so that was another 90.00 that I would have to invest in the Apex Carry/Duty trigger kit. So the Sig at a higher price WITH night sights made perfect sense.

That's it, I'm happy.

P

The P320SC is my EDC. And I use it with 15rnd P320C mags. Like it much! nanner

pitor
02-27-2017, 02:58 PM
I remember your posts about it. I'm glad you still carry it and like it. And looking at Sig's website, the modularity of the pistol is unparalleled!

Caleb
02-27-2017, 03:21 PM
Congrats on your new purchase. I am interested in your Range report and how the (what looks like) high bore axis feels on recoil. Those three pistol choices were good, all three would do the job for sure. Hopefully, the new M&P line will come out with the compact soon. Supposedly the new trigger is better than the apex set up.

jmlutz
02-27-2017, 03:39 PM
Good deal

sdmc530
02-27-2017, 04:11 PM
Congrats!!!! Dirty pics next?

Pirate
02-27-2017, 04:50 PM
Staaaahhhpppp I have been fighting the urge to buy this or any other firearm right now...

Caleb
02-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Staaaahhhpppp I have been fighting the urge to buy this or any other firearm right now...

Your blood pressure will go down if you would just give in and buy something. :D
Do it for your health.

skosh69
02-27-2017, 07:43 PM
First a 1911, now a Sig. Damn son, you're on a buying spree. Woo Hoo nanner

DaFadda
02-27-2017, 07:59 PM
Hmmmm..... I'm thinking a range report is in order?
Just sayin....
DaFadda

pitor
02-27-2017, 08:34 PM
Your blood pressure will go down if you would just give in and buy something. :D
Do it for your health.
You know? That's exactly what I thought when I was looking at it so I gave in!
First a 1911, now a Sig. Damn son, you're on a buying spree. Woo Hoo nanner
Dam right brother!
Hmmmm..... I'm thinking a range report is in order?
Just sayin....
DaFadda
It's coming, I promise.

pitor
02-28-2017, 10:17 PM
I put about 200 rds of Blazer aluminum 115 gr FMJ, 50 rds of Aguila 124 gr FMJ, and a mag full of HST JHP 147 gr. F L A W L E S S !

The gun shoots like a dream, really smooth take up and breaks so nice with minimum over-travel. Some say it's among the nicest triggers out there, second or third to the Walther PPQ (apparently Walther did a heckuva job with the trigger on that sucker).

The groupings with the Blazer aluminum were not impressive at 10 yrds, not bad either. I thought it was me, then I thought it could be the gun's sites. Switched to the Aguila 124gr, the groups were impressive. Never buying Blazer aluminum again, sometimes cheap doesn't mean good (most times?). Lesson learned.

The gun just feels great, dare I say better than a full size as it strikes a perfect balance between ergos, round capacity, concealment ability, and maneuverability that's nothing sort of impressive. I look forward to shooting this pistol in dynamic pistol courses and competitions.

Sorry, no images as it was late, I was a bit tired, the range was dark, and the gun function as expected.

On a side note, while I was at the range the gentleman next to me was renting out guns and kept switching because he didn't like the grip angle, the sights, this and that. He was going for compacts and sub compacts so I recommended to him the P320c which the gun store had for rental, after two mags he looks at me and says "yep, this is the one, thanks buddy". Wadda ya know...

If you're on the fence, don't be. It's a Sig, shoots amazingly soft, points naturally, and the trigger system is just awesome.

P