PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Please

sdmc530
03-10-2017, 10:11 AM
A little background. My BIL, my little bro, my hockey buddy, my pool partner has had a tough medical life. At 15 he was diagnosed with cancer. He was treated and was cured. They removed his colon and a portion of his intestines but he was healed. Lived his whole life with crones disease but has done well with that. He also is very susceptible to kidney stones, gets them often.

He was hospitalized last week with what they thought was complications from the crones. But could not get it figured it out. Two days ago was transferred to the Mayo Clinic for further testing and last night they determined he again has cancer. Don't know the exact details right now but has a form of lymphoma and should find out more today what the plan now is.

Brian is 35, just got married 6 months ago and was just getting to a great place in his life. This is pretty devastating to the family because in my wife's family men don't do well with cancer. Lisa's father passed when she was 17 after fighting for a couple of very difficult years. He never made it to 50. Her grandfather suffered the same fate too early in life also.

Very scary time in our little world right now so prayers would be greatly appreciated! Kind of need all the help we can get right now!!

RKP
03-10-2017, 10:21 AM
Thoughts and prayers for Brian and the entire family!
Please keep us posted.

DrHenley
03-10-2017, 10:30 AM
Went through the Crohn's nightmare with my daughter and the cancer nightmare with my Mom. Will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

http://www.cotep.org/forum/picture.php?albumid=22&pictureid=888

skosh69
03-10-2017, 10:43 AM
You got it brother.

AFJuvat
03-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Sent Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Riverpigusmc
03-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Prayers

TLE2
03-10-2017, 11:08 AM
Prayers in progress.

Xbonz
03-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Prayers sent

Lonestar grips.
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
prayers sent Brother.

MajO
03-10-2017, 11:48 AM
Prayer sent.

Horse'nround
03-10-2017, 12:18 PM
Done Bro.

pitor
03-10-2017, 12:20 PM
Thinking about you and your family Phil. May Brian's situation be curable and hope that the family can find peace and comfort in each other. Please keep us posted.

FfNJGTFO
03-10-2017, 08:31 PM
A little background. My BIL, my little bro, my hockey buddy, my pool partner has had a tough medical life. At 15 he was diagnosed with cancer. He was treated and was cured. They removed his colon and a portion of his intestines but he was healed. Lived his whole life with crones disease but has done well with that. He also is very susceptible to kidney stones, gets them often.

He was hospitalized last week with what they thought was complications from the crones. But could not get it figured it out. Two days ago was transferred to the Mayo Clinic for further testing and last night they determined he again has cancer. Don't know the exact details right now but has a form of lymphoma and should find out more today what the plan now is.

Brian is 35, just got married 6 months ago and was just getting to a great place in his life. This is pretty devastating to the family because in my wife's family men don't do well with cancer. Lisa's father passed when she was 17 after fighting for a couple of very difficult years. He never made it to 50. Her grandfather suffered the same fate too early in life also.

Very scary time in our little world right now so prayers would be greatly appreciated! Kind of need all the help we can get right now!!

Kneemail on the way...

sdmc530
03-10-2017, 09:10 PM
thank you all very much. I am sitting here at work tonight passing the time waiting for him to call me and give me all the details. going a bit crazy to be honest.

Lisa and her sister are heading over to Mayo tomorrow, Kaden cant get into that area of the hospital so I will stay home with him.

Caleb
03-11-2017, 12:38 AM
Prayers sent bro.

douglas_knott
03-11-2017, 03:00 AM
Thoughts and prayers

pitor
03-12-2017, 07:05 PM
How's your BIL doing? Thinking of your extended family bro.

sdmc530
03-14-2017, 11:37 PM
So officially they diagnosed my BIL with diffuse b cell lymphoma. He has a spinal tap tomorrow to make sure its not in the spine or worse the brain.

Started a very aggressive chemo treatment that will probably last 6 months they say. Hopefully he doesn't react badly to the first round today and he can get treatment from home hopefully very soon. I talked to him tonight and seems positive and just was there for him.

He has a very long road ahead to get healthy....... Just hard to watch in front of you.

Lonestar grips.
03-15-2017, 02:56 AM
prayers continued my friend.

DaFadda
03-15-2017, 04:07 AM
Brian, you and Lisa will be in my prayers.

Michael

RKP
03-15-2017, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the update ... continued prayers ... please, keep us posted when you can.

sdmc530
03-15-2017, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the update ... continued prayers ... please, keep us posted when you can.

Will do! Thank you all for the support!

Some more funny things of this, so they were just married last fall and they want to have a family still. So Laura being the smart thinker she is asked the doctor about having kids after all the treatments and when its all said and done. Dr. said probably not be able too, chemo with the plan they have will not allow children. Laura asked if we could save some "seed" now before chemo starts and Dr. said of course but would need to extract it. Now Brian is very weak and frail right now so its out of the question so last night they removed it the hard with with a needle and OUCH!!! He better get some big reward for that! DAMN OUCH!!!

Caleb
03-15-2017, 02:40 PM
Will do! Thank you all for the support!

Some more funny things of this, so they were just married last fall and they want to have a family still. So Laura being the smart thinker she is asked the doctor about having kids after all the treatments and when its all said and done. Dr. said probably not be able too, chemo with the plan they have will not allow children. Laura asked if we could save some "seed" now before chemo starts and Dr. said of course but would need to extract it. Now Brian is very weak and frail right now so its out of the question so last night they removed it the hard with with a needle and OUCH!!! He better get some big reward for that! DAMN OUCH!!!

:eek: All he needed was a cute nurse with a short skirt!

Xbonz
03-15-2017, 03:18 PM
Hope he at least got a smoke after the 'action'... :eek:

Still in my prayers, Bro'

RKP
03-15-2017, 04:34 PM
.... so last night they removed it the hard way with a needle and OUCH!!! .... DAMN OUCH!!!

:eek: DAMN OUCH is right !!

pitor
03-16-2017, 07:17 AM
Thinking of you and your BIL. Lymphomas do require heavy chemo and the body feels it. He'll need all the support you guys can give.

About pricking the nut for seed, ah hell no! Ouch is not even close!